Chapter 11

He was close. Too close. Luke couldn’t take how close he was. Luke’s heart was beating fast, and he could feel his breathing becoming shallow. He ran out of Michael’s bed, holding his hands to his chest. This startled Michael awake, who was less than happy at the disturbance to his peaceful slumber.

“What the hell Luke? I was sleeping!” Luke didn’t reply, he just continued to choke on his breath, crumpling to the ground. “Luke! Fucking answer me!” Michael stood up from the bed, cowering over the blond, who now had tears falling from his eyes. He couldn’t form the words, he couldn’t speak. He knew Michael was only acting like this because of his disorder, but it was scaring the shit out of him.

Luke brought his knees to his chest, setting his head on them as he tried to control his breathing. The tears were flowing down his cheeks, and he was rocking back and forth, and shaking uncontrollably. He flinched when he felt a soft touch on his back.

“Fuck Lukey, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to yell at you, I’m so damn sorry.” Michael tried to grab Luke’s hand, but the boy shot up, running over to his own bed. Michael watched him sadly. “Now you’re scared, fuck, I messed up. I’m so, so sorry love. You know I can’t control when I get angry. I’m sorry.” Michael tried to sit next to Luke, but he scooted away, keeping his eyes on the wall.

“Just stay away, please,” Luke whispered. Michael groaned, standing and pulling at his hair.

“Jesus fuck Luke! I just want to hold you, please! I’m fucking sorry for being who I am, okay? I’m sorry I can’t control when I get mad, I’m sorry I’m apparently not fucking good enough for you!” Luke whimpered, curling into a ball on the bed and closing his eyes. Michael sighed, collapsing onto his bed. “Fuck I did it again. I’m sorry Luke, I’m so fucking sorry. I care about you so much, and I’m trying so hard, I’m sorry.” Luke hesitated before looking over to Michael, who had tears in his eyes.

“It’s okay Michael, just please, stay away for a little. Please.” Michael nodded, turning onto his side toward the wall. Luke stared at the gray wall on his side of the room, blinking away tears. He knew it wasn’t really Michael’s fault, but Luke can’t handle being yelled at. He doesn’t like being physically close to people, and sometimes its just too much.

A few minutes later, the door opened. “Luke! You have therapy today, you need to go see Dr. Belfair.” Luke tensed, not turning to look at Alexis. He didn’t want to go sit silently in Dr. Belfair’s office, listening to her say how he’s “doing better and just needs to keep working”. Luke doesn’t think he can take it, not after this.

“Luke, c’mon, let’s go. Now.” Luke shook his head. He still wouldn’t look over. “Luke, now, we need to go.”

“No! I don’t want to!” Luke yelled, glaring at his nurse. Michael’s eyes widened from behind her, but Alexis stayed calm.

“Luke, I’m afraid you don’t have a choice, now let’s go.” Luke folded his arms. Alexis sighed, grabbing his wrist and pulling him up. “Let go!” Luke shouted.

“What is going on? When did you start talking to her? Luke!” Alexis ignored Michael, dragging Luke out of the room. Luke risked a glance back at his boyfriend, who was watching with wide eyes as Luke was taken away. Luke finally stopped struggling, slowly following Alexis as she lead him to therapy.

I was literally crying while writing this, but I needed this scene to happen, so yeah. Make sure to tell me what you think, and vote please! Love you xx