Chapter six - Terrifyingly intelligent

The sun seeped through the cracks in the blinds covering the window, and the TV was still turned on from where Merin forgot to turn it off before she went to sleep. Merin decided to make some microwavable waffles for breakfast and ventured into the kitchen to get the box of frozen waffles from the fridge, but when Merin looked inside the fridge, the box of waffles were open. On closer inspection, it looked at if something chewed the top of the box to get to the waffles inside. Could it be rats? No- it wouldn't make sense, this place it rated 5 stars and Costed a fortune to rent, so there's no way it could be rat's. Marin grabbed the box and inspected where the box had been torn into. It appeared as if there were bite marks around the edge of the box and on the corners, as if the thing couldn't decipher where they should open the box, or how to exactly. Merin looked at the rest of the boxes in the fridge and saw that not just the waffles have been gotten into- but every box in the fridge! And as i looked closer at each box the less damaged they had, as if the thing slowly began to figure out how to open them until eventually it just opened the box. Merin backed away from the fridge, but she stepped on something while doing so. It was a little piece of a waffle, that led to other piece of waffle as if they were making a trail that could possibly lead to the culprit. Merin followed the trail of little waffles pieces all the way to the bathroom. Merin slowly opened the door to the bathroom and saw the culprit. Remira had pieces of waffle in her hair and teeth, and was looking at herself in the mirror trying to get out a piece of waffle stuck in her hair. "What are you doing in my cabin!" This started Remira, causing her to fall backwards into the tub. "What's the big deal! You went into my place without permission, so why can't I go into yours?" Remira said steppin out of the tub. "That would have been somewhat fine if you hadn't eaten all of my food!".