four: bound by papers

f o u r

bound by papers

◇◆◇◆◇

She stared at the paper, reading the words. It was printed there neatly, words constructed in sentences yet like she hadn't been studying all her life she couldn't understand it. She looked at him. "Twenty six is a young age if you are to ask me but it was mature enough, an age where I could have been building a family." Dara was confused more as her brain scanned everything she read about him. "But..." She locked her brown eyes on his dark ones. "You don't believe in marriage, not even in romantic love." Jiyong kept his eyes on her. "Precisely." There was this tone of husk in his voice.

"But," He looked at her, like he was melting her. "I need an heir." Dara felt something short circuited in her brain, somehow she could understand what the paper was about. She glanced at it then back to him. Jiyong pushed himself up, facing his glass walls. "I know I am still young," he turned to look at her. "But if you sit on top, people race to cut your head, kill you." There was a shadowed smirk on his lips that numbed her everything, froze her internals. As soon as she saw the smirk it was gone, faster than it appeared, leaving him with an aura of thrill at the threat on his life. Like being targeted by death, having guns vying to kill him was something exciting.

Jiyong spun, walking towards her. Dara leaned on the back seat of his sofa as he hovered trapping her in that position. "I am willing to remove Song Joongki's first collateral, I am willing to spare his life in one condition." Dara's chest heaved heavily, her eyes on his. Jiyong leaned, his lips touching her ear. "I promise you that I will not kill him, nor even think of hurting him but I need you..." heat of lust flared in her skin. Her breathing panting, her skin humming at his closeness. "I need you to give me a child." Dara turned to look at him. "What?" Jiyong pulled away raking his white blond hair. "Give me a child. A life for a life, Ms. Park."

Dara felt her fists curled into tight clenched, her nails digging in her palms so hard, that she cut herself with her nails. The stinging of flesh torn was ignored by her brain. She glared at him. How could he say these things like it were just some conversation of petty candies? He wanted to have a child with her? It was not 

funny

. Life, having a child was not something you'll mess with just to have someone to inherit your forty one companies and billions and billions of god knows how much properties.

"No." She stood up looking at him with grim disgust. "I will not sign this. Mr. Kwon, not because you wanted it, you'll get it." she tossed the folder back on the table. Jiyong's eyes narrowed and his aura shifted, like everything human in him snapped off and he was left cold between being human and demon. "You don't seem to understand." Dara felt shiver traced her spine. "What I want, I get it all and make something so much more out of it." He walked to his table where his tablet laid next to the bottles of liquors that were all almost full, evidences that they maybe there but he rarely drink them.

He gave it to Dara. Dara slowly peeled her gaze off him, feeling sick of the welling fear and anger, a poisonous concoction running wild all over her. She stared at the tablet, Jiyong pushed it to her making her hold to it, it was displaying a live video feed of the gates of their house where Joongki was standing up, still on his clothes last night, wounds unattended, blood drying and eyes with dark shade underneath evidence of lack of sleep. He was rubbing his palms, looking left and right as if waiting for someone. Waiting for her, she knew. Her heart knew. Jiyong pressed an application on his tablet, it ringed. He was calling someone.