nine: pleasure in pain

ni n e

pleasure in pain

◆◇◆◇◆

Three minutes after dropping her in the apartment unit, Jiyong went back to the party. She wanted him to stay yet she understood the responsibility he had over that party. It wouldn't look good if the birthday celebrant was not present in his own party. She stared at her dimly lit room, still clad in her white gown, feet on her killer heels when she asked Krystal and Chaerin to live her alone. Letting out a deep sigh, she wiped her tears asking herself what was wrong with her. She was sitting on the edge of her bed, in her head words were floating, playing over and over again… almost mocking.

Don't blame me.

I want them dead.

She felt something colder than ice gripped her insides. She was shaking. She wrapped her arms around her, hugging herself; chest moving heavily, shoulders shaking up and down. In the darkness, in the silence, she whimpered. Kill them. There was something wrong with her. There was something inside her that was slowly changing. Like something inside her snapped. Like Pandora's Box being opened.

She stood up and ran to her bathroom. She opened the shower area and twisted the shower on. The heavy pour of ice cold water felt like burning against her skin but she couldn't feel anything. She needed to wake up. This was a nightmare. This wasn't supposed to happen. She needed to wake up before it's too late, before she finally lost grip of herself. Her cries echoed in the room as she slid on her knees. She buried her face over her palms and started bawling. What was happening to her?

◆◇◆◇◆

Jiyong crossed his arm over his chest, in his lips dangled a half lit cigarette. He leaned on the wall, inside the dimly lit private room in one of the five star clubs in Seoul. It was his after party. After having a formal one, came the real party. He lazily landed his eyes on Youngbae who straightened himself up, in his hand was an empty syringe. He looked at Jiyong with a wide grin, before handing the syringe to one of their men. Jiyong drifted his eyes away, placing the cigarette between his fingers, blowing smoke in the air.

"As much as I am enjoying this is as much as I am worried." Jiyong turned to look at him as the latter watch Yunbin's body shook hard, her hands on her neck as if removing hands that were trying to choke her. She coughed hard, vomiting blood, her nose soon bled just like her ears, her eyes turning red and her veins darkening. Youngbae pulled a cigarette out of his pocket and lit it. He took a long pull before releasing clouds of smoke. "What do you mean?" Jiyong finished his cigarettes, his eyes landing on the glass showing him the crowded dance floor below. "Don't worry, you will not go to jail." He spat the cigarette to the floor, stepping on it mercilessly. Youngbae chuckled. Then silence.

"You know what I mean," his voice was peculiarly even and serious. Jiyong pushed himself off the wall walking to him. He stopped, staring at the three figures of ladies shaking with spasm of agony, bleeding everywhere possible, dying in a slow agonizing pace. Youngbae turned to look at him. "Jiyong, I have been following her since the moment you saw her singing on that bar. I knew her enough and she is not someone who will just ask you to kill anyone just because they trip her."

"Maybe, she wasn't serious." Jiyong shrugged, picking a bottle of beer from the table and drinking it with continuous gulps. "She was. She was dead serious," there was finality in his tone. Jiyong emptied the bottle, placing it back on the table. "Go straight to the point, Youngbae." He looked at him sharply.