A Frayed Heart

I sat on the edge of the bed as he paced around, wondering why I was always late for his dates that he has made. I couldn't deny it, I had been falling for this man who has pursued me, even though....I had a husband. My husband knew nothing of me coming to see this man.

At least that's what I had thought...once. He looked at me with those piercing blue eyes. Watching me intently as he stood against the wooden door frame; the flowers on the wall had been mesmerizing since I had never been to such a fancy place. Never knowing I would soon be asked if there was another, who I was leaving late at night to go see. The answer was yes, obviously I had to go back to my husband who was never there anyways. So basically I had been going back to no one really. He had not been paying me any attention, He was always gone with his followers....I had grown tired of the man, always gone, he might have been doing the same anyways. So what was I to him? Nothing but a person to call 'wife' for the sake of formality. At least that's what I had thought.

After a few months, I had all the new feelings of a new lover, which I never got to experience before. All those moments where you share a kiss which at the time meant something. The butterflies that come with it, the excitement of getting to see them again. The parts where you start out as just a crush which you think will go away. All the little things that mattered at the time, like how you did your hair, how you dressed, the scents you wore on your skin. The foods you ate. Everything that made you feel special for that one with the desire for you. All of it, gone, within the first few times you witnessed they weren't who you thought they were. Short while after that, my feelings started to fade for him, everything now was just...irritating. Like a creepy feeling under the skin after it brushes against you. The slimy, crawling feeling that had nothing but dread.

I had called it quits at least four times when 'he' kept coming around, afraid of losing my currant husband, until one night he showed me what it was like to be in a loving embrace-- It was then I decided to see him again.

How I met him, he had seen me buying food for the husband I already had-- for him and his brothers. Everything was a secret, even from me. I had thought once that 'he' would love me, but....I was wrong.

Well...not exactly, when me and my husband were first together for those few weeks in his cabin; he had already asked to see me again.

I believed in him, even though I had first met him when we were both at the river....Now there is something to tell....

I had been fetching some water for my mother who was ill; facing her soon to be death, it was excruciating-- my dear mother....

I felt this world had failed me since I had tears running down my face, regret and sorrow. Suddenly a hand touched my shoulder. Turning, it was this hooded man, his face was quite lovely; something mysterious and enchanting.

~"Do you need any help carrying those buckets?" he asked, "no I'm good on my own," he looked to the other three, "you can carry two, and I'll do the same with those other ones." gently he picked up the first two buckets of water, carrying them with little to no help at all, "You carry heavy things all the time?" he stood up, both of them in each hand, quite tall as well. She hadn't expected that, "I'm used to it, carrying firewood and all." He smiled and the way he did, had peaked my curiosity.~

At that moment in time, I had believed in so much, but as it goes, after so long....one starts to wonder about the actions of the other....

when he was done pacing and harassing me with all these questions that I had suddenly didn't feel comfortable with, staring at me with those same eyes that he watched me with from before. Then he handed me a piece of paper with some sort of names on it, writing and a stamp at the bottom. "What is this?" I asked, looking down at it, I wasn't able to read very much since there was little I knew.