Live Again

I opened my eyes, I felt dreary and more sluggish? I wasn't sure, I didn't want to move, and the voices? where were these coming from? I lifted my arm, it felt so damned weak, but I did anyways. My heart pounding more as it found a steady rhythm, my vision blurred as I tried to look at something ahead of me....a candle? what? why the hell--what the, I hear them. A deep voice? I turned my head slowly to the side, wondering what the hell is happening. My memories....I remember nothing....

"who are you?" I said as I looked at the three faces that were looking at me, what is happening? why do I feel this way? What's going on? I feel....different. Who...his face is handsome, their all..... beautiful. I sat up and looked around, my surroundings, there's three guys looking at me. Their all similar. I reached forth my hand and the one with long blonde hair hanging loosely around his shoulders, helped me sit down. I felt dizzy.

"Lorelley!!!" what? that's my name? I focused hard as I brought him closer to my face. Looking at his bright green eyes, he had a nice soft chiseled face, and some sort of black stuff around his eyes, making it look even more alluring. Oh my god, what is happening. "Where am I?" I dragged my words, guess my words will be this way for a little while. God my head is in a spin. I set one foot in front of me, my feet hardly working as I rubbed my head, wish it was my brain. This feels so weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Soren, go run to the town, get Valen!" Hexon said as he grabbed Lorelleys hands, trying to help her up, sensing that she was very weak. Her eyes wandering everywhere as she sort of drooped here and there. Trying to steady herself. Soren laughing with happiness and surprise, "I knew she was going to wake, her eyes flickered as I sat there." He told Hexon as he leaned back in the chair.

Hexon couldn't believe it! she had actually awakened, wondering how she was feeling after a very long sleep. Almost a month and a half, maybe a week. But it did feel long. Hexon still standing there as he waited for Soren to get going.

Waving off Hexon, Soren got up and immediately put his boots on and ran out the door down the stairs. the front door of the huge cabin slammed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Really....who are you?" I asked, it was better than nothing, who were these strange men. I felt my hair fall gently around my shoulders, am I ancient? how long did I sleep? last I remember was....my father. I immediately try to stand, my arms being held by the taller one, his hair was half blonde, and half black. Tied in a small half bun on his head, the sides of his head where it was black, shaven. "Don't....don't touch me." They all laughed, was this a game to them? "Please.....someone get me water....I'm parched." My voice feels a little raspy, was I outside? something is not quite right....

I try to get up and stand, but it is no good for I fall back on the bed. Their eyes staring at me. I'm plain, yet here they are staring. Hmm. And who is this 'Valen' they spoke of, what is so special about him? "What am I doing here?" I asked the one at the foot of the bed since the younger one took off out the door moments ago. His hair was black and short, a little spiked in a layered wispy way. His smile genuine, a nice one. I can sense it. I eyed the one who tried to help me up, wondering why he hasn't gotten me any water yet. "Can you?" I asked him. He looked bewildered, then chuckled, "Oh yes, water." He left immediately, leaving me alone with the one at the foot of the bed.

I looked at him, he was glad, I suppose. He kept smiling. "What?" I asked as he sat there. He just shook his head for a moment. Why were they all smiling? Had something happened? "What--I mean where....am I?" he tilted his head slightly, looking at me with deep blue eyes. He was captivating. "It's okay, I'll just--" His words cut me off, "It's okay, to feel the way you do, Valen should be here soon. He'll tell you." He grinned, he had some teeth that would make you think he was a vampire. Though he wasn't burning in the sunlight that poured into the small room, through the beautifully designed window. "Okay...who's Valen?" He just sat in the chair, crossing his arms. So I guess no further words. I raised my brow as we sat in silence, obviously I couldn't go anywhere. So I just laid back and covered my head with the blanket.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little while of hearing the man with deep blue eyes wander and pace around the room doing something, I heard the door downstairs? open and the rushing of footsteps. This is just weird, I keep the covers over my head, I don't want to face anyone here, or this Valen fellow. Whoever he was, I felt anxious to meet him and sort of afraid. Was there something I wasn't getting? The door opened, I can hear it, and they must have just poured into the room since there was a lot of noise. I ain't coming out.

A few moments of silence and I knew everyone was waiting for me to come out from the covers. "I ain't coming out!" I shouted. The room filled with laughter as I clung to the covers. I bet my fingers were showing since I felt a cool touch against them. Someone was going to remove the covers from my fingers. I might as well, face them once and they will go away. Right?

"Lorelley?" A deep and husky, yet calming and smooth voice spoke to me. The covers being gently removed, I stared and now four of them were standing there. Each of them smiling. What the hell was this? I turned my head towards the side. There was a man with long black and white sort of hair, bright green eyes, and his face covered in the same black stuff smudged darkly around his lids, top and bottom. All of them had that look. This one looking at me, adoringly with his head tilted, arms crossed, leaning on the bed beside me. I looked at him for a long time. Staring. What was their problem?

Suddenly he sat up straight, and spoke. "Lorelley, you've awakened." I felt like laughing and mocking him. "Yeah...I woke up, so what?" again with the laughter, he just smiled. Reaching for my hand to try help me up. I wasn't sure I could walk yet, "Ach! don't." I said pulling away, he just raised a brow. "Are you hungry?" Now that he's mentioning food..."I feel so." He turned to the tall one with the small bun, long haired guy? guess black and blonde, but why did their hair look white? are they old guys?

"She's hungry, someone cook anything yet?" The younger one jumped from his corner and was quickly beside him, "she can have the minced pies I got earlier from Havenberry." Why was that name familiar? "I don't like those." They all looked at me strangely, "you've loved those before!" the younger one protested, "No, I never did." I said as they gawked. "Why do you all stare?" they shared a look with each other, "My Lorelley, my name is Valen." I looked at this magnificent specimen of a man. "Oh....so?" He just shifted slightly, hands folded on his lap. Staring at me.

"Valen?"