8: Another Hit

(8: Another Hit.)

''W-what?'' Betty asks shakily. ''Oh my god'' Veronica says in disbelief. 

''He's having trouble breathing and soon enough his oesophagus will fully swell up'' I say and Reggie clears his throat. ''See you later, Jughead. May you rest in peace'' He says. Veronica steps forward. ''You did the best you could'' She says and steps back making Cheryl step forwards. ''Knock 'em dead'' She says with a sad smile. Betty steps forward. ''I love you'' I all she says.

Everyone steps back and I take a deep breath. ''I forgive you'' I say and after that, he closes his eyes making Betty sob softly. ''Here, I'll take him'' I tell Reggie and he hands me Jughead. I carry him on my shoulders and place him in the hall. I kneel in front of him and fix his beanie with a small smile. Then, I get up and walk towards the rest. 

''Okay, tell me how the hell this happened?'' Veronica says. ''Don't ask me, ask him'' Dr Evernever says and points to me making them all look at me. ''Well, it's obvious he poisoned Jughead via his drink. It could've happened to any one of us so he meant to do it to him. He had champagne, so that means that it couldn't have happened to the girls. That's why the guards gave us the drinks directly and didn't let us choose. Reggie also took a sip but nothing happened to him and I threw my drink away. You put poison in Jughead's and my drink'' I say and turn to Dr Evernever; he has a smile on his face. ''You meant to poison us both'' I say and he claps. ''Well done, Leather Jacket'' He says. 

''Why?'' Betty asks. ''You thought I would spare his sorry ass? He was about to die but Leather Jacket spared him. I wanted to see how smart you all were. The girls were safe and Jughead...failed. Smart thinking, Leather Jacket'' He says with a smile. We were all silent, no one dared to say a word. ''Anyway, you would be a great doctor, Leather Jacket. For now, we're done here'' He says and walks away with Miss Grundy on his tail.

Everyone looks at me. I clear my throat and head towards the boys' room, sitting down on my bed. I hear the rest slowly come in. ''You, uh, chose his side?'' I ask them. ''Not necessarily'' Veronica says. ''But you did sit with him and laugh at his jokes about me?'' I ask making everyone silent. ''We didn't mean to-'' Betty begins. ''Yes, you did!'' I snap, standing up. ''You all stayed with him, practically abandoning me. So thanks for the fucking support'' I say and walk away. 

I walk towards the practice room where Octandria and I spent our evenings. I decided to unleash my anger by creating a fire. It got bigger this time but I controlled it. ''Oh my-'' I hear a voice say, making me put it out as fast as possible. I turn around and see Cheryl with a very shocked face. She was about to speak but I shushed her by walking up to her and putting my hand on her mouth, which quickly made her stop. When I hear nothing, I remove my hand and sigh. 

''Y-you'' Cheryl says still shocked. ''Yes. But you have to stop freaking out'' I say and she calms down. ''How?'' She asks. ''I found out I'm this kind of species that's immortal and has all kinds of power'' I say. ''Wow'' She says speechless. I sigh again and think about how Octandria told me no one could find out. ''I'm sorry about earlier'' She speaks up. ''It's fine'' I reply. ''Just so you know, I didn't choose his side or laugh at his jokes'' She adds making me come closer to her. ''I know that'' I say and wrap my arms around her, kissing her head. ''You can't tell anybody about this'' I say. ''I won't'' She replies. 

We pull away and head to the rooms, hand in hand. I see everyone sitting down on the beds, waiting for us. They all look up when they see us. ''Sorry I snapped at y'all. Next time just don't betray me'' I say and they nod vigorously. ''One sec. How did you know that Jughead was poisoned and about to die?'' Veronica asks. ''Well, I'm studying to be a neurosurgeon so that I could help people in need, but now that dream seems unrealistic'' I say. ''I never thought you were the doctor type of guy'' Reggie says with a smile. ''Well, I did get told that dream was stupid or unreachable'' I say. 

''By who?'' Betty asks. ''Moose Mason and Chuck Clayton'' I say making Reggie look down. ''Those assholes?'' Cheryl asks. ''Reggie, did you know this?'' Veronica asks Reggie, making him lookup. ''Yeah, I did'' He answers. ''I didn't bully him but I stood there doing nothing against them'' He adds. ''That must've been awful'' Betty says. ''It was. But we're seniors now. We have to grow up and let things go'' I say and they all nod. ''I'm sorry, Toni'' Reggie says. ''I know you are'' I say and grab his shoulder with a smile. 

''I am so glad everything's alright'' Cheryl speaks up and everyone agrees. ''Let's just all go to bed and rest'' Betty suggests making everyone go to their bed and sleep.

-----------------------------