Chapter 12: Demolition

The red car needed gas.  I pulled over at a well-lit gas station and started the pump.  Leaning my back against the car, I mindlessly watched the numbers click.  "Hello, Darling." 

I jumped out of my skin at the sound of the gravely, British accent.  Crowley.  I sighed heavily.  "How did you find me?" 

He shoved his hands in his suit pockets and rocked back on his heels with a smirk. "King a Hell, Love.  Not many people travel these days with angelic escorts.  'Twas easy."  His eyes flicked to the roof of my car.  That irritated me immensely.  They could at least tell me when they had me followed. 

"So, what are you doing, Crowley?  Sam and Dean wouldn't like this one bit." 

Crowley winked at me and ran a finger down my cheek.  "Just wanted to say hello, my dear.  We never get to chat."  His eyes narrowed when his finger touched my skin. 

I jerked away from him.  "Right.  I believe that one.  We don't have anything to talk about, so if you don't mind, please leave."  I started to edge towards the trunk, as nonchalantly as possible.  I wanted Sam's knife. 

Crowley snorted.  "Ah, my Dear.  You don't even know, do you?  Well.  We'll have much business to discuss - very shortly.  No need to retrieve Moose's knife.  I'll be on my way.  For now.  Cheers, Darling."  He vanished as quickly as he had appeared.  What the actual Hell did he mean by that?  I popped the trunk and grabbed both the demon knife and Sam's 1911.  As I stuck them in my waistband and dropped my coat over them, my eyes wandered back to the roof of the car.

"Show yourself.  I know you're there."  I put my hands on my hips and waited.  Slowly a shape formed on the roof.  Jordan, the angel that came to assist with Sam and Dean's stings materialized slowly.  He was sitting crossed legged and had his head resting on one hand. 

He looked as irritated as I felt.  "Leave it to Crowley.  Wretched demon.  Hello, my lady.  My apologies.  Castiel asked me to watch over you as you traveled." 

The gas pump clicked off.  I rubbed my forehead and said, "And Dean told Cas.  I get it.  Would you like to ride inside?" 

He looked uncomfortable.  "Not to offend, but I do not enjoy conversation.  If you don't mind, I will accompany you silently and then be on my way.  I am on duty until they return, so do not hesitate to call for me if you need assistance." 

I nodded.  "That's fine.  Are you going to report back to Cas about Crowley?" 

He tilted his head and looked slightly confused.  "Should I not?  It seems to be of importance." 

I bit the inside of my cheek.  "Can you wait?  It will stir them up something terrible.  I'd like to find out what he meant by that visit first.  Do you mind?"  Keeping secrets - the other family business, was catching. 

He shrugged.  "As you wish, my lady."  He disappeared in a flutter.  It was just as well.  I was actually in no mood to chit-chat either.

A few days passed slowly.  I had retrieved Priss from the kennel and spent as much time as possible taking care of her, so I wouldn't dwell on the boys' absence.  She thoroughly enjoyed the extra attention. 

Killing the eggs was turning out to be very difficult, and they had to deal with them one at a time.  There were hundreds.  Around lunch on the fourth day, Dean called.  "Hey Sweetheart.  I really miss ya.  How would you feel about bringing us Sammy's knife and some extra clothes?  We weren't planning on staying this long and could sure use both.  Sammy's offended by the number of times I've worn my boxers.  What do ya say?  Wanna come hang out?  Dogs are cool at this motel."  He laughed.