Chapter 4

Author POV

A few weeks had passes since her last encounter with Snape. She kept her head down and always paid attention in class , made sure she would always be the first one out of potions. She steered clear of Snape and there were a few times where he nearly corner her , luckily a friend of hers would come by or a teacher would come calling for him .

It was a lovely Friday and potions was last as usual. Today they had to work with a partner on a healing potion, her friends were already paired up with one another so she decided she would pair up with a seventh year boy in Hufflepuff.

He was cute and gave her a very welcome smile when she asked if they could be partners. As they were brewing the potion they spoke and he made her smile and giggle. He just finished telling a joke and she laughed silently, as she looked around the class she saw that the Potions Master was looked directly at her. When their eyes met he looked furious and glared at the boy next to her ( his name is Tony ).

The laughter died in her throat and she quickly looked away and continued with the potion. When the bell rang she offered to take the vile of potion and nearing Snapes desk , she realized that she was one of the last students in the class. Aside from the other one who was giving their potion to Snape as well.

Keep calm , just give the vial to him and leave. Simple .

Snape POV

It was (Y/N)'s class and I decided that they could work in teams in the hopes that she would not have one and then I could finally talk to her. It's been weeks and she hasn't said anything to me besides "Morning" and "Yes / no , Professor" always putting emphasis on the *Professor*.

And here we are , her sitting with that Hufflepuff Tony. Laughing in my class with this boy she hardly knows, god she is so beautiful. Why am I jealous of a child ?

When I focused on what or rather who I was looking at I saw she was laughing and looked at me , I shifted my gaze to the boy sitting next to her and gave him the best glare I could muster.

The bell rang and children were rushing to my desk to hand in their vials of potion. There were about 3 students including (Y/N) still in the class. I couldn't help myself , so I read her thoughts . She was nervous , I have to get rid of these other students so I can ask her without her leaving too quickly.

Author POV

When she got to his desk everyone was already gone. She walked up to his desk put the vial down and turned to leave when his voice sounded "Miss (Y/N), may I have a word please ?" Her voice caught in her throat so she slowly turned around and nodded.

He looked uncertain but carried on " As you know , all teachers have an assistant to help them with anything they might require. So I have chosen you and I hope that you will be reliable and punctual" , at this point he had come around his desk and stood in front of her.

She had always wanted this , without thinking she hugged him. She had to stand on my toes to wrap her arms around his shoulders and was surprised at how broad they were. There was a pleasant warmth radiating from his body (considering it was so cold). He didn't react for a few seconds , but then put his hands on her waist and pushed her away gently. She got the message and immediately pulled away, blushing furiously, he had a faint trace of a smile on his face.

" I'm so s-sorry, thank you professor." She stuttered.

"I expect you to be in my class room for at least 2 hours everyday after dinner so that you can finish all your homework during the afternoon without worrying about it while with me." He said in a calm and deep voice that made her heart flutter.

"So 8 until about 10 ?" She asked.

"Yes , and please be on time. You may leave now." said Snape.

_______________________________________