Lost Sequence #2: Their Secrets

March 23, 2218,
No one's POV

It was a cold night in the shadier side of Vale. Sirens were heard in the distance as the sound of muffled explosions could be heard in a bar, Junior's bar to be exact...

The front doors of the bar explode and fly off as they shatter into billion of pieces. Smoke escape the building as a feminine silhouette walks out of the smoke and into the open outdoors. The woman was none other than Yang, her eyes changed from red to violet as her gauntlets switched to their bracelet form. Yang rubs her shoulders with her palms, feeling the cold air hit her almost immediately.

"Why did I think Junior would have any new information?" She asks herself as she looks from her left to right. Upon looking at her right, she saw her motorcycle, Bumblebee, parked on the side of the road a few meters away, awaiting for her return.

A small smile forms on her lips as she walks to her motorcycle. She jumps onto the seat and pulls out her scroll. She searches through her contacts until she found the right one and tried calling the person. Yang could hear the scroll ringing as she puts her scroll to her ear and she moves some of her hair away from her face. There was only the sound of ringing for a few seconds before she heard the person pick up on the other end.

"Hello?"  The person on the other side sounded exhausted, as if they just woke up.

"Hey, Blake, it's me." Yang replies. "I just finished talking to Junior."

"And? You got what you wanted?" Yang could hear Blake letting out a yawn.

Yang lets out a long sigh before answering. "I'm afraid not. He seems to not know anything about y/n's disappearance."

"Not surprising. It was a long shot for him to know anything."

"...I know..." Yang said weakly as she clenched her palms into fists. "I-I just-."

"I know, Yang. We're all worried about him and want to help find him. But we can't forget that his siblings told us to not get involved. There must've been a reason why they don't want help and we have to respect their wishes."

"I know, but..." Yang's breathing became uneven as a tear grew in her eye. "I-I just can't stop worrying about him."

"I understand. Even though we didn't really know him that much, I'm worried too. But there's really nothing we can do. Y/n disappeared during his mission months ago. He could be anywhere, including in any of the other kingdoms right now. We just have to believe in the headmaster and the huntsmen."

"I know..." Yang repeats as she wipes the tear away.

"...It's late, Yang. Head back before you have to deal with Goodwitch."

Yang was silent. She just stares at the night sky as she recollects her breathing. It took her a moment to steady herself before she looks at her scroll. "You're right. Don't want another detention again." She lets out a forced chuckle. "I'll see you in a bit."

"Alright." Was all Blake said before she hung up.

Yang stared at her scroll for a few seconds before shutting it close and putting it in her pocket. As she did, Yang shuts her eyes closed as she shook her head, trying to not think about anything negative.