Chapter 19

"Rose" Maze comments in a chastising tone as she catches the former reaper's hand when she tries to land a weak punch, "don't let being a mother keep you from being the lethal Rosella that I know you can be" she adds as she pushes Rose away as the former reaper sighs at this. "If need be then imagine that I'm someone that you really hate" she adds in encouragement.

~Fall on me~

"This isn't you Rose" Maze complains as Rose ices her dark bruising after a sparring session with Maze.

The demon held back. Rose could tell. She knows what Maze is like when she isn't holding back and Rose knows that she would have a lot more bruising if Maze hadn't held back.

Rose groans at this as she lifts her eyes to face her demon friend.

"You aren't the weak woman. I don't know if it's the being a mother thing that's making you soft but you need to stop" Maze interjects firmly.

Rose nods with a sigh. She needs to toughen up if she plans to be able to protect her family.

"I know" she adds with a sigh.

"Do you?"

"Do you?"

"I do" Rose tells her seriously.

"Look, Rose, I get that you're a mother and you're nurturing and all that jazz..." Maze says as she waves a dismissive hand, "but you are also a warrioress and a warrioress is no pacifist and despite how much you try to push your...scarier and darker nature aside in pursuit of more peaceful approaches" she adds with a pointed look that Rose tries to ignore by closing her eyes again as she rubs the bridge of her nose. "You are NO pacifist" Maze adds pointedly.

"Is that your way of encouraging me, Maze?"

"It's my way of telling you that as sweet as this Rose may be...I'm kind of going to need my 'kickass reaper princess and all around lioness that will rip your head from your body if you fuck with her loved ones' back again" Maze says crudely as Rose snorts at this.

"You should write your own collection of motivational cards, Maze" Rose says to her. "There's lots of money there for you" she adds as Maze shoves her playfully as the two friends share a laugh.

~Fall on me~