Chapter 6.5 - A Second Side Of The Story (Part 1)

"This world is full of mysteries... the world of Aincrad its not what it seems for our main heroes, and also our other main characters... Yes, they will help our main characters out, but first... let's go on a journey of how these other two characters' life in this game... shall we...?" -- Author

In the same place where everyone else begins, there was this young man, taller than our main character Hazuki. The male had purple-colored hair, and he also have red eyes. The eyes are like the dark blood when someone was cut. He was wearing a silver armor along with a black cape made out of wool from a sheep. The young man was wearing gray boots along with it to dazzle the outfit, to make it look remarkable for his own image of his avatar. This young male has a unique vision at how he looks at the world of Aincrad, of course he's not aware about the situation that some players are alarmed of. The young man's username is Chiba, a guy who actually lives in the other direction where Hazuki lives. The young boy got the Nerve Gear by a reserved site that were giving a good deal.

Of course, where Hazuki lived costed way more than where Chiba lived in. He had to pay at the least 100 dollars, in a good state and brand new. When he got the system, he had to actually buy the game afterwards, which took a little while to get it. The thing is that where they sell the game is very far away from where he lived in, so it was impossible to get it after it was released. So he ordered the japanese translation version just to get it early before anyone else does. Due to his experience, he had a computer plugged in his room, however it was a little bit far away from the bed, and the cord was actually really short. Thinking straight out of nothing, he moved the tower of the computer a little closer so it can get to the cord. He almost messed up everything from his computer, but for a split second he fixed it and unwrapped the wires that were tangled on one another, so it can make space for the Nerve Gear wire. After that, he inserted the game into the tower disk just to get the data installed into the system. 

When the system data was installed completely, he slowly puts on the Nerve Gear, and tried his best to put into the same position as the instructions, just to calibrate the body. When the calibration was done, he shouted. "Link Start!" and that's when he started his adventure as a player of the game.

On his first day in the survival game, he noticed the amount of civilians buying items, food, and armory. They were trying to get as much as they can to survive the game for the time being, of course since the game is like surviving the real world they have to be careful along the way. The young boy have gathered enough materials to survive in the game, of course the rest of the money have been saved for his stay in a cabin since he doesn't have enough money to get a residence of his own. It was near 5 o'clock, he decided to go and walk towards the nearest cabin to just reside, until he can actually go and get some more prizes from an actual battle or another way to gain that amount of cash to buy a house of his own.

At that same night, he got the keys of room C-2, each cabin had a letter in the entrance, and each cabin has 10 rooms at the very least, that includes a bathroom and a little kitchen. The space would be for 3 people at the least for the residents per room. Since Chiba was alone, the owner of the cabin C decided to let him stay and minimize the amount he can pay to stay. In other words, he only has to pay 50 per night or day he stays. Chiba have nodded and accepted the offer from the owner of cabin C, and have unpacked everything that he had from his menu bar, just to check what he had inside. 

Inside his menu, since he's new into the game he only had potions, teleportation crystals and a couple of bread that he bought for himself. At the very least he bought 4 loafs of bread for him, and a cream jar just to make it taste a bit sweet instead of just sensing the taste of bread only.

He put the items back except for the load of bread, he took one out of three and grabbed the cream jar. He filled the bread with the cream jar using his finger to cover it up. By the looks of the cream it looked like butter, something slippy but soft that can make the bread taste better. After using the last bit of the cream in the jar, it broke to crystals just like when the residents die or when the boss is defeated. Of course, he was very hungry after all of that introduction and preparing for the future events in the game; as he was close to eating the sweet loaf of bread with the cream, by the last second instead of biting the bread, he took a bite of his own fingers.

It hurted so much when he wanted to eat it deeply from one spot, as his screams could be heard around the cabin, and even in the same town. One of the residents from the outside of the cabin heard that loud screeching, and have tilted her head and asked to herself.

"That person who screamed like that is stupid... it can break someone's ears with that..." the girl said as she put her finger on her ear, trying to make that "beep" sound go off of her head.

When Chiba opened his eyes to check, the loaf of bread was gone. It was weird, since he didn't took a bite from it at all. His face had an speechless expression on his face, as he then looked around and suddenly saw a girl near his bed, eating the loaf of bread in less than a second.

"H-Hey! That's my bread! You stealer!" He shouted and stomped his own feet 5 times in a row towards the girl. The young boy was mad not because of the bread, it was because the cream jar was the only jar he had to make the bread tastier and sweeter, and the girl ate the bread along with it.

The young girl had red-colored eyes and blue colored hair, like the ocean that he remembered in the real world when he was a child. The moment when he went to the beach with his family, and had an enjoyable memory. He blinked twice and looked at the girl, he simply just shouts at the young girl, as she didn't understood him by his own cursed words. She did understood a sentences, but the cursing was not understandable in her own data. The girl simply thought it was a good word, as she then said.

"Thank you for the kind words, sir." 

"Wait, what?! You don't know what that word means?! Have you ever went to school before?" he asked the girl. 

"School? What's school?" she asked Chiba again, not knowing anything from the real world at all.

With that answer being cleared, Chiba had a blank expression on his face, not having any idea on how to explain the young child. The girl of course had a robe of a warrior, which was very amusing to his eyes. Maybe she's a warrior? a soldier? a guardian? Nobody knows for sure about the girl. The young boy either way cannot let the girl stay in the room, since he already made a deal with the owner of the cabin to minimize the amount that he was suppose to pay. If the owner finds out about this, it will be a very shocking argument between the two of them. 

Chiba stayed on straight towards the girl and have yelled to the girl to get out of the room. The screeches again got towards the same girl that have heard the awful and disturbing one from when he screamed because of him biting himself. The civilian walked off, away from the area so she doesn't get disturbed anymore from the yells from the young boy.

The girl, not having any kind of idea as to why he yelled at her to get out, but either way she understood, the supposed warrior walked to the window near the room and have jumped off of it, running off and away from the area.

Chiba have sighed with a very depressing expression, by the way he yelled at her he felt bad for the girl but he then thought when he yelled at her, she didn't cared about anything at all. Having that in his head if she did feel saddening about the way he spoke to her and yelled at her or not. By that moment, he felt and thought deeply about the girl... away and deeply...