Chapter 3

After the disappearance of the guy that Hazuki have met, she question who he was and why did he told her those words. Either way she was more focused on the game for now, even if she doesn't want to get involved into any kind of other conflict with another criminal. She had enough, of course the guy did explained a little that she will find some answers to her question.

She walked back to the town of beginnings to go and rent a room nearby. She saw a very old but clean cabin, in it there was a man keeping an eye on the place. The cabin had a kitchen, and rooms for the visitors. Hazuki looked around the place and thought to stay over there, so she had rented a room for at least a week. She will get more money of course, eventually she will do it.

When she finished the payment, she had arrived to her room. It was a very clean and beautiful room with 2 beds just in case if there was more than one person. The blankets were made out of cotton and other materials to keep the visitors warm and cozy. The pillows were soft just like a cloud, if you lay on one you'll feel like flying in the air. She had touched the pillow and blanket, feeling the warm sensation when she jumps into it. Hazuki slowly had laid on the bed and felt the soft and fluffy blankets, cuddling up to it like a teddy bear. The young girl then remembered from her own past, the soft and gentle breeze in the night. She would always grab her teddy bear named Knoockes to have some company on her side, while her parents were asleep in their rooms.

When she remembers the memories, she then looked at the gray-colored ceiling, thinking what she had done with her life. Her life was simply full of suffering for her after those events that she had encountered at a young age, but still had endured the pain for a long time. Afer a bit, she had fell asleep with the blankets and pillows, giving a smile on her face as she remembers the wonderful young memories.

The next morning Hazuki woke up with the shiny and bright sun. The sun was out a little, so it seemed like for her it was still 6 a.m.  Still that warm feeling on her was still a good way to start the day. Hazuki walked off to the kitchen to get some food. Some of them had a very interesting and good aroma, like it was home made by the same cabin. It seems so, she then decided to order something to the cashier near the counter of the cafeteria.

"Good Morning sir... may I ask what do you have today?" she asked.

"Well... we have toast, we have fried, boiled eggs and omelets. Besides that, some pancakes, tea, sandwiches made with the most divine and aromatic vegetables available. I'll assure you it will leave you with a satisfied face." He replied to her question.

"Hmm... well... I'll have some toast and fried eggs, please." she ordered.

"Alright then, my lady. It'll take like 10 minutes to make the food, can you wait that long?" the cashier asked to her.

"Hm... sure, don't rush alright? I'm patient." she replied and asnwered his question. 

Hazuki then have sat down on a seat next to the glassed window. Outside of that window she can see a lot of little kids from the virtual world playing along with one another. It seemed fun for her, but she have lost her own childhood and have thought if she can go back to those days where she can have fun on actual outdoor games. She then remembered what the guy have said to her the other day.

"If you go further... you'll find the answers..." she said with a gentle and quiet tone of voice. After a while, the cashier brought her food along with a dessert for her.

"This is a free dessert for you. It's a fluff cake." he said to the girl.

"Fluff cake...? why did they called a dessert a fluff cake...?" she asked to the cashier, glaring at him with darkened eyes.

"Well... if you try it out, you'll find out why." the cashier replied, then he walked off to the counter to pay attention to the other guests of the cabin.

Hazuki blinked, and looked at the fluff cake closely. It was round, light, yet it had a right texture from the top. She slowly picked it up and took a small bite out of the fluff cake. After that first bite, a couple of seconds later she continued eating the cake.

"It's soft... and very warm, right temperature and a right taste... wait... it's vanilla flavored too. It has a little cinnamon spice on it though... still, it's sweet!" she said in her mind. 

After finishing the fluff cake, she then looked at the cashier, as he then looked back at the girl. When she have finished her breakfast, she then saw the bill with something writen in it.

"The past is in the past now, don't let those bad moments affect your present. Try to live on for the sake of those that cares about you the most..."

Hazuki then blinked and have looked down for a moment.

"Who cares about me anyway...?" she asked to herself, having nobody on her side in the game was hard for her. She endured so much, even in the game.

A voice then came and the guy have appeared behind her. The male had a hood covering his face, and the top muffle covering his mouth. He have said near her ear.

"I care..."

After hearing that phrase, Hazuki's eyes have widened and looked from behind her, however the person have disappeared quickly.

"That person who said that to me was weird... yet... I feel like I have to survive this... something is going on here..."

Right after that sentence, she then got more confused. Why is she even saying these things? Is the guy a good or a bad influence for her? Some things are not even cleared for her...