Chapter. 4 Chase to the rescue

Picture of Chase (Abigails brother) -->

Abby's P.O.V

Recap

"Hey sis I hear your looking for a place to stay...."

***

"Hey Chase! Ugh you don't know how happy i am to hear your voice, I'm like really desperate right now." I say to my older brother.

"Well your in luck the apartment I'm staying in has an extra bedroom if you would lik-

"OMG! YES!" I interrupted him. "Thank you so much Chasey, i owe you big time" i smile widely.

"Hey make me some pancakes every once in a while then we don't have a problem" we laugh. "Seriously though its not a problem sis you know I'm here for you but there's one little thing you should know about" he says in a different tone.

"What is it?" I ask a little worried.

"You know what, you will find out when you get here" Chase said sighing.

"Okay" I said a little nervous.

"Dont be nervous i can hear it in your voice but when do you need me to pick you up Abby?

"Thursday night?" I plead.

"Alright I'll be there" he said.

"Yay thank you so much Chasey, love you bye going to go pack some more"

"Love you too Abby bye see you soon" Chase says and then hangs up the phone.

I run to my moms room and knock "come in" she says. She was sitting on her bed staring at her phone. She looked up when she saw me come in.

"So, I found a place to stay" I say to my mom. She smiles "really that's amazing sweet heart, who are you staying with?" She questions looking a little nervous.

"Chase, he came to me about it, I'm guessing you told him?

She sighs in relief, "Yes I did, and I'm glad your staying with him, I've got to give him something so I was wondering if you can give it to Chase for me while you're over there?"

"Yea sure what is it?" Its something your father wanted him to have" she said sadly with one single tear coming out. I wipe the tear from her face "Its going to be okay mom, dads in a better place now" I assure her. She just nodded and gave the box to me. I try to stay strong in front of her but the thought of my dad made me want to cry my heart out.

"I told Chase to pick me up Thursday night" i looked into her tear filled eyes.

"Okay sweetie" I walk out of her room and close the door behind me.

I walk to my room with my head down thinking about my dad. I miss him so much ever since that night when he was murdered...its never been the same....

Flashback

"Mommy when is daddy coming home" 6 year old me asked.

She leans down to me "He should be here any moment sweetie" my mommy told me rubbing my back.

"Okie dokie mommy can you put the TV on for me while we wait?" I ask.

"Sure honey" She grabs the remote.

She put the tv on and that's when she saw the news...

"Brian Wilson was shot and killed during a drive by" the reporter says. "Victim was caught in between two rival gangs and shot in the head"

And that's when our world had changed forever.

End of flashback

I was suddenly in my room and closed my door behind me and I slid down the door and cried into my knees. It was 16 years ago when my father died but it still hurts everyday. After i stopped crying i forced myself to get up and take a shower. After my shower i grabbed a tank top and underwear to wear and put them on and went to sleep still thinking about my dad.