Autumn

College AU! (Also please any of my future lovers take notes this turned out rather wholesome)

Stabbing at the keys on her sliver laptop, Maki Harukawa was silently struggling with an essay that she decided to do the night before. She wasn't the type of person who usually does this kind of thing but most of her time had been occupied by her roommate (and boyfriend) Kaito Momota. Since it was the beginning of October- or Spooktober as he'd called it- Kaito was fixated on giving their room a little autumn makeover. To contribute to this, Maki had bought little fairy light ghosts which to her amazement had scared the living daylights out of him. They stuck to regular fairy lights (his major was astronomy after all).

Anyway, she was stressed. The only thing that kept her from smashing the screen in front of her was her lofi studying playlist on the background and the faint remarks of Kaito as he gazed at the stars through his telescope that they had bought together. After a good few minutes of her typing a paragraph and almost instantly deleting every word of it, Kaito peered over her shoulder to see her (non existent) progress. "Hey Maki roll what' getting to you?" He asked, stroking her back. Maki buried her head in her hands and sleepily looked at him with her glossed over scarlet red eyes. "Babe you need to stop overworking yourself." He then said brushing her fringe away as he kissed her forehead. "Let me help."

Kaito wrapped his arms around her and perched his head on hers, his goatee becoming lost in her dark brown bedhead. "Kaito it'd be uncomfortable to stay like for however long this takes." Maki protested looking up at him which was met with another forehead kiss. Kaito swirled her dusky pink chair around to face him as he gathered his sleepy princess in his arms. Then, he sat down with Maki on his lap. She pouted and hid her face in his chest as it grew hotter. With Maki in between his arms, Kaito reached for the keyboard. "All righty then! What are you writing about?" He asked. "An essay on the impact of pollution and the future of the Earth." She murmured, "it's for English." Strangely enough, this was quite a tame, simple and -what should be- easy task. Kaito pondered this. Then realised. Maki could of written this five times over in five seconds but it wasn't her knowledge. It was her lack of sleep.

As well as 'seasoning' their room, they had been stargazing until the early hours of the morning because of how good the stars looked this time of year. Maki had to be up early and she had at least an hour of PE a day. Putting this guilt at the back of his mind, Kaito kissed her head and begun to type. Maki fell soundly to sleep with the lofi playing in the background, rapid keyboard clicks and the feeling of being safe.

With Maki in his arms, Kaito finished the brief essay and lent back, holding Maki to his chest. Feeling the sudden movement, Maki's eyelashes fluttered open. She lent back and looked at Kaito's soft beaming face. They shared a kiss and exchanged looks. "Thank you." Maki said smiling like an idiot. "What for?" Kaito began smugly, "the work or the kiss?" Maki furrowed her brow and got off his lap. To this, Kaito pulled her to the floor on top of a heap of pillows and had a mini tickle fight. He loved her laugh. So sweet and so contagious.

After recovering, Kaito picked her up bridal style and took her to their bed. Maki began to tie her hair into a plait before he took over and turned into that one cute braiding scene from Rapunzel (you know the one). Snuggling down, Kaito gave her a facefull of kisses before spooning her. "Goodnight Maki roll." He said.

"Goodnight sweetheart."