Eleven

I pull up to the stadium for the morning practice and see a big poster of the team being covered and pinned up for all to see.

Two other men are at the side of the arena pinning a poster for the cheerleaders. They were both covered and hidden so I didn't think much of it. Today was the company dinner and grand reveal. We would all go to the lawn tonight for the grand reveal of each poster.

"So who do we think this year's cheerleader is gonna be?" a perky redhead asked as we take a breather from our intense practice.

"I don't know? Maybe a rookie?" Nicole looks to me. We all laugh and smiled as we listened to her ludicrous suggestion.

"Come one Nicole, you know every year,a VETRAN is chosen! Never a rookie" Becca scoffed and flipped her curly hair.

"Becca is the company's favorite gal. She's been their choice 3 years in a row" Nicole whispered to me. I giggled but stopped as she shot daggers into my head.

"Let's go! 5 laps around the field" she snapped. We all rolled our eyes and stood to resume our practice. We had one final hour before we could go home and prep in time for the company banquet tonight.

——

I parked my car near the employee lot and stepped out to observe the stadium. It looked nice under the light of the stars. The black Valentino gown Bradley had sent over to my apartment hugged me in every way. There was no mistaking my curves.

He had begged me to give him my address so he could send it to me. I didn't want him knowing where and made him promise he wouldn't come unexpectedly. We were still under the watchful eyes of a spy.

"Ahhh! Kesley!" my friend Nicole hugged me, "oh! You look good!" She smiles.

"Thanks! But look at you!" I complemented her with all honesty. Her black hair was parted to one side and tucked behind her ears.

I meet my other friend Lenny and hugged her. "You look so cute Kesley!" she cheesed, "is that a Valentino?" She gasped.

"No! Just a knock off from Fashion Nova" I lied and blushed. I made a mental note to myself to tell Bradley to chill with the brand names.

"Either way, you hawt" Lenny snapped her fingers in approval.

"You ladies Ready for the big reveal?" Lenny asked.

"Yep but knowing the company's history, it'll probably be Beth." Nicole rolled her green eyes.

"Tell me about it! It's her every year Kesley" she folded her hands over her chest.

"Maybe this year it'll be different" I shrugged, trying to show my encouragement. Soon the players and board members arrived. We continue to mingle and chat before Ms. Simmons gathers us and tells us to change.

We hit every step of our routine and quickly dance till the end. Bradley watches me from the corner of the room as he smiled with pride.

"A wonderful performance form our very own Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders!" a female announcer yelled. "Now if you would all follow us outside to reveal the posters!"

We all head outside and smiled as we waited impatiently for the reveal. I searched the crowds for Bradley and see him talking to some of his teammates. He sneaked a peak at me and smiled, looking me up and down in approval.

I bite my lip and turn to face forward. No one could know we were... well idk what we were.

"Thank you friends, family, and cheerleaders for coming for the big reveal!
Your continued support is what makes this organization what it is today: The best.

And now, without further ado. In 3.....2........1....." the crowd cheered as they pulled aside the black sheets. The people gasped as they saw each of the posters.

I dropped my glass to the floor as I see my picture blown up and colored, displayed for all the masses to see.

"What the —-"

"Kesley! Kesley! It's you" Nicole smiled and jumped to cheer me on.

I couldn't believe my eyes as the crowd cheered and clapped for the beauty of the poster. They continued to cheer as another poster of Bradley is revealed.

We were hanged at the center of the stadium,side by side. We looked good together I couldn't even lie.

"Kesley! Congrats this is rare for rookie. A rookie never makes it to the board!" Mrs. Simmons comes behind me and squeezes my shoulders.

Each of the girls congratulated me as they hug and kiss my cheek. "Congrats Kels!" they smiled.

I try to look to find Bradley but he threw his plate in the garbage and stormed away.

"Come on Kels! Let's go to the back to change so you can mingle with the people!" Nicole pulled me from my stare and led me to the dressing room.

——

AN:

Why do you think Bradley was upset?