Chapter Twelve

I ran to the the wall and watched the thing stare at me absently.

I could hear the steps of people, they were nearing the door.

When I looked from the door to the thing, it was gone.

There was a letter in its place. I looked from the door to the note.

"Clover?" I heard their voices call.

I didn't need to pick up the note to read it.

It was only a few sentences.

I was scared to touch it, my secret, burning onto that paper.

I looked around and found a handkerchief, it was suppose to be used for dusting.

I walked toward the note and reached for it with the handkerchief.

I ran to my dresser and stuffed it under my shirts.

I jumped on to the bed and put on my best terror face.

When the door opened I was greeted by Winter, Wyatt, and Elliot.

"I saw something move from under the dresser to under my bed." I lied.

Elliot made his way from the back and sighed. "Just like old times, maybe it was just a small spider."

I glared at him. "It was no spider my friend." He sighed.

Wyatt walked in looked up at me. "what's wrong?" I asked him. He looked at Elliot, who was looking down.

"Nothing that can't be fixed." I heard Elliot scoff softly. He was good at doing that.

I looked at Winter, who was staring at Elliot's back intensely.

I nodded and apologized to the trio and reached for Elliot, who helped off the bed and quickly let go.

I looked at the twins, who were now both staring at Elliot.

I cleared my throat. Everyone
Looked up at me. "I really didn't mean to startle you all, so you can go to bed."

When everyone started leaving the room, I grabbed Elliot's Wrist. What is going on with me?

"I want you to get the thing out of my room." I saw Wyatt freeze and look at me.

"I could do it, Clover, Elliot needs to get ready for training, he missed a lot."

I looked from Elliot to Wyatt, then back to Elliot. What did they do to my Elliot?

Wait. My Elliot? Where did that come from?

Elliot looked, tired. Just a few minutes ago he was fine, what did they tell him?

I kept my eyes on Elliot as I responded. "You have a point."

I was so focused on Elliot's face, I didn't notice that he tensed up every time Wyatt talked.

I gave Elliot a small smile, "Night, gets lots of sleep." He nodded and walked out of the room.

Wyatt walked up to the side of the bed I was on. He kneeled and looked for the "thing" under my bed.

"What's wrong with Elliot?" I asked sitting on a chair by the window. He put his hand under the bed.

"He seemed fine to me."

"Well I've known him longer and he did not look 'fine' to me."

He sighed and stood up. "The thing must have moved somewhere else."

He wiped his hands on his pants.

"I am serious, what is going on-"

He looked me eye and gave me the Alpha look.