Chapter Twenty-One

We walked out to the field, I took in the flowers that surrounded the casket.

This was it.

This was really happening.

We were burying a child because of me.

I followed behind Elliot and Wyatt.
They were currently discussing how to make it up to me.

But to be honest, nothing can get rid of that image.

But I had to give it to those two, they were working together for my sake, and I didn't ask them yet.

We sat in the front, I was directly in front of Colton's mother. She wouldn't even look up from the casket.

And I couldn't blame her.

When the funeral started, I was too out of it to hear Wyatt say my name. I looked up.

"Would you like to say some words?" I looked around the field with my eyes, daring not to move.

The eyes were expectant, they wanted to see if I was willing, to see if I cared enough.

Guess they didn't hear about the accident.

I stood. Wyatt gave me a small encouraging smile. I took his outstretched hand and walked to the front of the casket, something shiny caught my eye, but I kept going.

When I was directly in front of everyone, I looked at Colton.

He was in the same suit that I dreamed he was in. I kept my eyes on him as his laughter filled my ears, our conversations, jumbling together.

"I've known Colton for a few days, but is seemed like forever. He was what I call an angel, he brightened my day.

"And I loved as if he were my own, he was the cool wind on a hot summer day, soothing, he was the stars at night, breathtaking, he was the teddy bear that you hold when your scared, protective.

"He was everything, and he still is, just because he is not here physically doesn't mean that he still isn't here, in out hearts, our memories.

"So no, I haven't known him long, but I've known him enough to see that be has touched us all."

I wiped my tears and sniffed silently, I was walking back to my seat when the sparkling thing was glowing.

I stopped in my tracks as I read the shining words. I dropped to my knees and put my hand on my mouth as the tears blinded me.

Colton's mom came and hugged me. Someone came and put a glittered note in the casket.

'Watch who you friend and keep and eye on you enemy, and if you think that this was torture, wait till tonight.'

"It's fine, we're gonna be fine." Colton's mom whispered to me.

And I knew that it was true, because I was leaving as soon as the service is over.

I have it all planned out.

I replayed the plan immune head as the funeral continued. When it finished I stood and told Elliot that I was going to the house.

"Your not gonna stay for the food?" I shook my head. "I am good, and make sure not to tell Wyatt were I am."

He raised an eyebrow. "Why can't I tell him?" His eyes widened out of realizing.

"Your going back." He looked around to make sure no one was listening and grabbed my arm and lead Neto the corner of the building.

"Are you sure about this?" I nodded. "I don't have much time to talk about this, Wyatt will be looking for me."

When I started walking again, he pulled me between his body and a tree. "You cannot leave me now that I just found you."

I looked up to his eyes. "Listen, Wyatt and I have smoothed things over, all is good, and I am getting homesick, I need to go home."

"Well then I'm going with you." I felt his breath on my lips as he leaned down.

"And why is that? He smiled, you think I will give up that easy? I want you to be happy, even if it's with someone that I can't stand, but if he can't make you stay, the I will have to.

"Plus they say that the home is where the heart is, and as much as I hate to say this... you still have it."

I stood in shock. He pulled away and started to the house. "Should we get packing?"

I gave him a small smile and started behind him to the house.

But my heart and mind we're going miles a minute.

Heart: Why isn't he our mate? Why hasn't Wyatt come to check up on us? I don't know what to believe.

Mind:we can worry about this later, right now we should be think about how we should stop this killer from hurting one of the pack members, and how to get rid of Elliot, because father will kill him....literally.

You both need to shut up so we can interrogate Elliot and see why he really wants to go. Hazeline said.

And then I was gifted with silence.

But I knew it wouldn't last long.

And just as fast as I though it.

It didn't.