Chapter two

Stretching herself Branna stepped out of the car, taking in the house, her new home. It was quite large and modern, with a lot of windows and a lot of white. It had a big garden, with a lot of trees and flowers but with enough room to hold a party outside. It even had a little pond!

Lorcan took her suitcase and let them inside, where they got in a big hall with stairs leading up and also down and at one side a big door leading to the living room. He put the case down and took Branna to the living room while Aileen made tea and something to eat. When they all were settled onto the couches, Aileen spoke up.

“You have questions, I assume?” she said.

“So, angels and demons are real? Do God and Satan, and heaven and hell exist too?” Branna started off, asking the simplest ones.

“Yes, heaven and heel exist, it is where most angels and demons stay and God and Satan, or Lucifer, are the leaders of each place.” Lorcan answered, slowly relaxing as Branna seemed to take it quite well.

“And what can angels and demons do? And de Nephilim exist too?” she continued, less hesitating as she got a little more used to it.

“Both have wings and have power to stimulate things, they can let flowers bloom or let them rot, can manipulate light or shadows, things like that. Nephilim do exist, though they can have either demon or angel parents, either way they are Nephilim, seeing as demons are fallen angels that chose the side of Lucifer. It depends on who the parents are and simply on the person in how far the Nephilim have angelic powers. It’s extremely rare for one to have wings. Cherubs are simply Nephilim who are still babies and Seraphs don’t exist as far as anyone knows.” Aileen explained, awaiting the most important questions.

“Why do you tell me this? Why do you want me to know? And how do you know?” Branna said, finally asking the biggest questions.

“Because we are a pairing that wasn’t supposed to be and you aren’t what you think you are.” was all Aileen said, but when Branna pushed further, she explained her answer.

“We are an angel/demon couple, one of us is a demon and one is an angel. But you, Branna, you are a Nephilim, one of your parent was an angel or a demon. He or she probably put a wall in your head so you wouldn’t discover your powers, seeing as you didn’t know.” she said, leaving Branna with a lot more questions.

"I, I am a Nephilim? How? Who are my parents? What can I do? How, why?" she said, her mind racing.

She tried to remember anything about it, but only got to a part in her memory where everything was foggy. There were some unclear memories, but nothing clear enough to understand. Why couldn’t she remember it?

“Your angel or demon parent probably fled when he or she discover that she was pregnant, only to come back to make sure nobody found out. Most Nephilim have similar stories, though not all have walls. It should be easy to break down. And as I said earlier, we have no idea what you can do, seeing as you have a wall and it fully depends on your mental strength and your parents.” Lorcan said, only to ask another question.