Dos and don'ts

DO

Plan out your story.

Write your whole story as drafts unpublished once you finished it re-read for mistakes and see if you can find where you need to add take away or change something. This often happens a lot to writers.

Keep a balance on boring and interesting parts.

Know when to end a chapter. If a chapter in particular has expense already built up leave a cliff hanger because this will make readers want you to update faster to read the next one. 

Leave authors notes for your readers.

DONT

DO NOT make a single chapter to thank readers on the amount of reads and votes. I get you want to dedicate a single chapter to thank them but try to avoid that. When your readers get the notification that you updated they are expecting another great chapter to your story but instead they get an appreciation chapter that they are not likely to care about. If you want to thank your readers after you write a chapter to your story leave an authors note thanking your readers. 

Stay away from unnecessary characters. Writers who do a point of view to an unnecessary characters are usually wasting their time because some readers will skip over which can cause them to get confused later on if they miss something. When you do a perspective of the background characters keep it short and alternate between them and one of the main characters.

If you misspell something or miss a word and a reader tells you don't be rude to them for trying to help you because you are not only giving a bad impression of yourself for that person and others to see