Chapter 1: The Next Door Neighbors

"I'm going to the park" I yelled
"Be back by 6pm. You know we have guests coming over" my mom yelled back
"Ok"
I walked out of my front door and started my way to the park. It was a beautiful September day. Summer coming to an end so there was a little breeze tossing around my crazy, curly hair. I was on my way to the park to meet up with my best friend Danny. School is starting tomorrow and I am plenty nervous since its my freshmen year.
After about 20 minutes of walking, the park came to view. I smiled and jogged my way to the swing set knowing that's where Danny would be. I run towards the second swing set.
"Hey Danny boy" I say
"Look who showed up at last" replied Danny with a fake scowl on his face.
I looked at my watch and saw that it was 3:04pm
"I'm only 4 minutes late" I said with an exasperated look.
"Well it was 4 minutes too long, I'm leaving"
"Bye" I smile knowing he wouldn't actually leave.
"Geez, that's nice" he said. "Anyways, you excited for freshmen year?" he asks
"Well a little but I'm more nervous than anything." I reply
"Why are YOU nervous?" he questions with a look of disbelief "straight A student, teachers pet, Miss popular"
I blush. "I am not a teachers pet" I exclaim
"Whatever makes you happy" he says with a smirk
"Whatever"
We sat in silence for a few minutes, lost in our own thoughts. I was thinking about school an what Danny said. Its true I was a straight A student and I had many friends and teachers did seem to like me. But that has nothing to do about my nervousness. The truth was I was nervous about starting Freshmen year without my parents....my biological parents.
"Hey, you want to go to Ryan's place?" Danny asked snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Sure but I have to be home by 6 since we are having guests over" I replied
"Perfect. We have plenty of time"
We got up and walked to Ryan's place which was only 10 minutes from the park.
Mary was at Ryan's when we got there so I wasn't the only girl. We watched some movies and goofed around.
At 5:15 I decided to head home. Danny offered to walk me home but I declined since I knew he was enjoying himself with the new video game Ryan had got. I waved goodbye and left
The walk home was long but I enjoyed it. I had plenty of time to think. 30 minuets later I was home.
I looked up at the sky and took a deep breath, I looked towards my house. It was nothing fancy, a cozy white house with two floors. I looked at my watch and noticed I had plenty of time to get ready.
I went to my bedroom and found Jace and Janet sitting in the floor playing with their phones.
"Hey guys, what are you doing in my room" I asked with a raised eye brow.
They both looked up and simultaneously replied "Nothing" and went on with whatever they were doing.
Jace and Janet were my brother and sister. They are twins and it never cease to amaze me on how much they look alike. Right after Sadie and Rob, my adoptive parents, adopted me Sadie became pregnant with the twins. They both had their mothers sparkling green eyes and their fathers sandy blond hair. I loved them both to no ends although they drive me nuts. Once when I was 12 and they were 9, they put green dye in my shampoo. To say I was mad would be an understatement. 2 years later they still do crazy things.
"Okay, I need to get ready so can you guys please get out" I say
"Ok" said Janet and they both left.
Well that was easy....
I put on jeans and a pretty top with long sleeves. Now my hair is the big problem. It is a huge pile of crazy curls. You can never tame it. But luckily I got it in a ponytail after struggling a bit.
I ran downstairs just as my mom opens the front door.
"Hello" says my mom "please come in"
A beautiful woman that looked in her late thirties entered closely followed by a handsome man who I guessed would be her husband. And right after them entered a...boy
A very cute boy.
I caught him looking at me and just when our eyes met I saw dark brown eyes. And then everything went black
🔹🔹🔹 ***
(A/N) : hello fellow reader. This is my first time ever writing a story. Hope I'm not a complete failure. Please comment, and Vote. And be honest with me. Ur opinions matter 😊