Day 3 (Eli Clark x Reader)

("Now? Now you listen to me?"- Day 3)

"Now? Now you listen to me?"

Seer, otherwise known as Eli Clark, crouched down next to you as he wrapped bandages around your injured arm. You could tell he was irritated by his huffing and how his scowl had deepened. "I could have healed you just now," he sighed to himself while you kept watch, your eyes shifting from opening to opening. "Why didn't you listen to me when I told you that I could heal you just now? You could have avoided being knocked down." He chastised you as he ripped off the end of the bandage and tied a little knot to secure it.

You avoided looking up at him, keeping your attention on the openings. "I just thought I could outrun the hunter for a while longer... At least they left me here to go and chase after someone else right?" You winced and held back a groan of pain when Eli gently laid a hand on your injured arm.

"Yeah lucky you... There, this is the best I can do. You'll have to wait until we get back to the Manor. Then we can get you properly healed up," he told you before he stood up, sending his owl off to check on the rest of your teammates. You knew better than to disturb him now, but when you felt your heart start to thud audibly, you had to alert him.

You gently shook him by the shoulders, snapping him out of it. "Eli, we have to go. The hunter is near! How are the others doing?"

"They're working on the other ciphers," Eli reported back to you as his owl came flying back to him. By now, the thuds in both your hearts had reached loud thumps signaling that the hunter was even closer. You got ready to run out and distract the hunter, but a hand on your shoulder stopped you from proceeding. "(Y/n), listen to me. Let me distract the hunter this time. You're in no shape."

Eli flashed you a small smile and gently stroked his owl's head, "I have this guy to keep me company. Just go and help the others!" Before he could run on out, you grabbed him by the back of his shirt and pulled him back.

"Sorry, Eli! But I got some laps to run! See you back at the Manor!" You yelled back at him as you ran out of the hiding spot, getting the hunter's attention. "Maybe I'll listen to you nag me afterward!" Your voice sounded much farther away, and Eli's heartbeat slowly calmed down.

Eli let out a sigh before he ran off in the other direction, heading towards the nearest cipher, "They're going to get an earful from everyone, not just from me..."