All entries from 2011

2011:

Entry #1:

Hey,

Sophomore year of college has begun and nothing wrong has happened over summer break. My parents were definitely disappointed when they found out about what had happened in the last entry. I haven't seen Brendon since the incident. I guess the principal told him to stay away from me and my friends. What I had learned on that day was that Brendon was the one who threw that wrench at Pete's head a few years back. But that unfortunately hasn't stopped the feeling of being watched. So I confided in my friends and everybody I knew, in the hope that I'd get some helpful advice on how to deal with the situation. Most said I should take a self-defense class and keep a bat, or any other weapon, in my house. While others said I should get a security system installed around my house. And a small amount of them either said I should do both of them or that I didn't need to do anything and that I'm just being paranoid. But I now know what to do now. I'm just trying to protect myself and those I care about. I've decided to do both. Tom and Keanu said that they'd help me get it set up. I'm currently trying to find the best self-defense class to take after school. Hopefully, it agrees with my schedule and is at an agreeable price, in terms of membership.

Sincerely yours,

Patrick Stump

Entry #2:

Hey,

I managed to find one that costs $78 dollars for membership. I emailed the owner of the place to let them now that I was planning on stopping by after college today and I'm waiting for a response. Hopefully, I made the right choice. This whole feeling of being watched thing needs to stop. Tom and Keanu are coming over to my place this weekend to help get the system set up. If you're wondering what system I managed to get, I ordered a few cameras around the house, a monitoring system, so I can watch all the cameras in the house with and so I can catch the person responsible easier. I even ordered some motion beam detectors in my room, outside my home, which were more like a fence than anything, at the entrance to my house, among a few other places. They were all password activated. I plan on giving the password to those I can trust and definitely not to any strangers. I made sure the password was so complex that even no one could guess it. Even though I am typing this out, I am not revealing it here either, in fear that someone might hack my phone or any of my electrical devices. I had the password written in one of my notebooks. So I have to be careful when walking around campus if I ever happened to be carrying said notebook. Who knows? Someone could also be following me around from class to class as well, like other stereotypical stalkers. But I have to go. I'll keep you updated.

Sincerely yours,

Patrick Stump

Entry #3:

Hey,

So it's finally the weekend! Tom and Keanu arrived and apparently they managed to get some technicians from campus to help. I didn't expect that to happen. But regardless, I can use all the help I can get. They're currently downstairs trying to get it set up. I did help out as well. Now, some of you are probably confused with the setting of my situation. Yes, I am still roommates with Ryan on campus. It's just that sometimes I spend most nights at my house, some nights on campus, and Pete and I spend some nights at a motel when we go on vacation on holidays. I hope this clears things up. Anyway, they are almost done with the system downstairs. They're currently trying to figure out how to get the motion beam detectors set up. Hopefully they don't get burned and hopefully don't become swiss cheese. Ha, I'm joking! Lasers aren't that developed enough to actually hurt someone, like how it is in movies. Afterwards, I'm planning on practicing with the remote so I know what to press. But if I'm still confused, I can always check the manual. Step one to safety is complete. As for that self-defense class, they responded via email 3 days ago. They welcomed me with respect and let me know what I'm in for and that I have to attend everyday for 2-3 hours. So far, I'm currently learning different types of strike techniques and how to execute them correctly. Next week, we're planning on moving on to something else. Something more effective.