Part 11

Kelley and Avery carry in the last of Avery's things, before adding them to the pile in the bedroom.

Kelley lays down on the bed and feigns being exhausted from carrying up the small number of boxes and or suitcases.

"How do you have so much stuff?" Avery starts unpacking and Kelley finds out that it's a lot of work-related resources rather than personal belongings.

"Is there someplace I can put this stuff?"

"Give me a few minutes and I clear a shelf or two on my bookcase."

"Thanks, Kel."

Kelley heads into the living room and begins the process of condensing the shelves. She returns to the bedroom and finds that Avery has already hung her clothes in the closet and is currently moving her personal stuff into the bathroom.

"I managed to clear two shelves for you, do you have enough room for your clothes and stuff?"

"I do, thank you."

After eating supper and cleaning up, the couple is sitting in the living room discussing their scheduling for the upcoming week. As the season begins to creep up on Kelley, she is increasing her workouts to be in optimum form for not only for Royal's season, but also some upcoming friendlies for the US team. She's missed a fair bit of playing time lately due to lingering ankle issues and she is doing her best to ensure she adheres to her recovery program, in hopes of avoiding surgery.

"Okay, so based on this we are both free on Tuesday afternoon and evening, how about we make that our meal day. We can compile a list of ingredients and then meet up once I'm done with my sessions, go shopping, do the prep and eat together."

"That works, I have an idea for a no cost date night."

"What's that?"

"Movie in the park," there is one coming up on Friday evening. "I've never done that before Kelley." "Oh, then we must, it'll give us a chance to snuggle up together under the stars." "Okay, what's playing?" "Does it really matter?" "No, I guess not it's about us spending time together."

"Speaking of spending time together, now that we have our plan for the week, how about we head to the bedroom and spend some time together."

"Kel, I got my period this morning."

"That's okay Doc, we can still have some PG fun."

"Has anyone ever told you that you act like a hormonal teenager most of the time?"

"Yes, it's part of my charm. I think because I've always been so active, my sex drive is incredibly high; it's gotten me into trouble in the past."

"Do I even want to know?"

"Nothing overly bad, just been caught doing things in public places before."

"Ah, ok."

"What about you Doc, ever done anything that might make me see you a bit differently?"

Avery turns her back to the cameras, "I was caught shoplifting when I was a teenager. I ended up having to do community service as a result."

"What did you take?"

"Some makeup, everyone else was using it and I was curious."

"Wow, I'm married to a criminal." Kelley stands up and kisses her on the forehead, "I'm only kidding babe, it's nice to know that you're human after all. Come on, bedtime now beautiful." Kelley holds out her hand for Avery.

The next several days fly by and the couple hasn't really had any issues or major disagreements other than Kelley adding more garlic then necessary to their meal.