Part 23

Avery struggles through the last few steps of relearning how to walk as Sadie shows up to drive her home, "Looking good A."

"It's harder than I thought it was going to be."

"Just think about how awesome it's going to feel when you finally are able to walk without any type of support."

"It'll be nice not to have to rely on you and Mom all the time to drive me around."

"Yeah, because it's been a real drag having to be your chauffeur."

"Shut up and help me over to the chair."

Avery and Sadie both take a seat and rest, "Have you been in touch with Kelley since your meeting?"

"No, I did message her and let her know that I'm in walking braces now though."

"How romantic. Hey Kelley, I just wanted to let you know that I'm getting closer to walking back into your heart."

"You need to stop watching those Hallmark movies."

"It's not me that puts them on all the time it's, Brant, he's a big softy."

"Uh-huh. Can you take me home now, please, I'm tired."

"Let's go."

Meanwhile in Utah, Kelley and the rest of her Royal's teammates are finishing up with their training session. They sit on the bench grabbing drinks and removing their cleats and socks.

"It's good to see you back and focused, KO."

"Yeah, I'm sorry I haven't been playing at my best lately, just had a lot going on."

"KO, you do realize we've been getting together and watching, "I Said Yes To Marrying A Complete Stranger, right?"

Kelley stands up and looks at her teammates, "Have you all been watching it?"

They all nod their heads, "We debated asking if we could have a watch party using the big screen. So, gotta say your wife is hot! Why haven't we seen her around here, or did you guys end up breaking up?"

"Did you guys end up having sex after the cameras were turned off?"

"You know I can't tell you anything, you'll have to watch and find out with the rest of the world."

"Well considering you are still wearing your wedding rings, I'm going to assume you are still together."

"Enough, you guys, c'mon."

"You heard her, she can't any answer any of your questions or respond to comments about the show. I'm going to assume there is a confidentiality agreement in place and that KO will be liable if any information gets out, before its time. So, please respect her wishes, right now, ok?"

Kelley nods along as Becky talks to the team.

"Thanks, Broon."

"You're welcome, for what it's worth I hope the two of you do end up together because I've never seen you look at anyone the way you do Avery."

Kelley smiles, "She's pretty special that's for sure."

Kelley leaves the training facility and heads back to the apartment she shares with her Royal's and USWNT teammate, Christen Press. After taking a quick shower and getting changed she heads out to the kitchen to make something to eat and finds that there aren't many options. She walks over and knocks on Christen's door, "Come in."