Homecoming

Summary: Y/N's date stands her up, the night of homecoming so Y/C goes with her instead.

Key: Y/N (your name) Y/C (your crush) Y/F/B (your favorite band) Y/H/L (your hair length) Y/H/C (your hair color) R/G/N (random girls name)

Y/N's POV
Hopping in my car I drive down to the salon to get my hair done. Jamming out to some Y/F/B along the way.

She curls my Y/H/L Y/H/C hair and I hum along to the music playing In the salon. She adds a little gold glitter into my hair as well as some hairspray. "All finished! You look beautiful." She compliments, taking my apron.(definitely not what it's called but I don't remember at the moment.) "Thank you again." I say, swiping my card. "Of course. Have an awesome time!" I nod and smile, making my way back home.

Slipping on my dress and heels I sit, awaiting the phone call from my date. Hearing my phone ring I excitedly pick up. "Hey Jameson!" I greet, excitement evident in my voice. "Hey Y/N, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to cancel." He says, as my heart drops to the ground. "Oh. Okay." I sigh, ending the call. I decide I'm just not going to go anymore since all my friends have dates. I'll just return the dress. As I'm stopping at Starbucks to grab some coffee I run into Y/C. "Oh hey Y/C." I say, hugging him. "Hey Y/N. I saw Jameson, with R/G/N, aren't you two going together?" He asks as we sit at a table. "Uhm we were, but he called and ditched. I was just on my way to return my dress actually." I sadly laugh. "Oh. Well you know, since we both don't have a date, would you maybe wanna go with me?" He awkwardly asks. "You know what, yes. That could be fun." I smile. "Okay awesome! Uh do you want me to pick you up, or should we meet somewhere." "Uh whichever one." I respond as we start walking to our cars. "Okay. I'll pick you up around five. Sound good?" "For sure." I smile and get into my car.

I put my dress and shoes back on and check the time. Four forty five, I have a bit of time yet. I sit, scrolling through my phone until I hear my doorbell ring. "Hey Y/N, wow. You look beautiful." He says, as I stand there and blush. "Uhm I brought you some flowers, I didn't know what kind you liked so I brought sunflowers." He says, handing me them. "Thank you, they're beautiful." I say placing them into a vase on my counter. I hook my arm around his and we walk out to his car.

We dance to 'perfect' by Ed Sheeran. I look over and see Jameson, dancing with R/G/N. My smile disappears and Y/C notices Jameson and R/G/N and tightens his grip on my waist. I rest my head back in Y/C's shoulder and breathe in his scent. "Thank you for coming with me tonight. Seriously." "Of course Y/N! I had an awesome time with you." He says, pulling away. I smile back and walk towards the table we were previously sitting at. "Hey wait Y/N?" I turn around and walk back over to him. "Would you maybe want to go on a date next week?" His face becomes a little red, as he waits for my answer. "I would love to." I lean in and kiss him.