Chapter 5

This is Mahi's attire above:-

I am sitting in my room all dolled up, waiting for Ruhan's family to arrive. Today both the families are meeting for our Roka(a Pre-wedding ceremony in India where family members of the groom's side come to confirm or approve girl for marriage, during this process gifts are exchanged between both sides and a chunri is given to the girl as confirmation for the marriage and discussion regarding the right time of marriage also take place). Just then our doorbell rang and my parents went and opened the door to welcome our guests. Just then I heard footsteps approaching my room, and my sister entered announcing the arrival of Ruhan's parents and asking me to come down.

I reached down along with my sister holding my sister's hand tightly because I was nervous." Di you'll be fine, don't worry Ok. Just be your natural self and smile.", she whispered in my ear giving me some courage and we both went towards where everyone was sitting.
I go to Ruhan's parents and touched both their feet her mother picked me up and hugged me tightly, whispering in my ears, "Daughter's place is in our hearts not in our feet", and kissed my head. I was really happy to meet her, she is a really warm and caring lady.

"Mahi is really beautiful," she told my parents, making me blush. I sat with her and the ceremony began, she put a chunri on my head and coconut in my lap blessing me with a long happy married life and both sides rejoiced, hugged each other and exchanged gifts. Our Pandit Ji has arrived, he was looking at both our Kundli's to find a good date for marriage and after long analysis, he concludes that  Either we get married next month or to wait for 2 years and both families went for discussion to reach some conclusion. I was nervously playing with my dupatta just then my sister came and sat beside me "what do you think will be the date Mahi di?" she asked.

"I  don't know. 1 month is too soon and 2 years is too far", I said looking at her. Just then all of them arrived and announced the wedding will be taking place next month and I'm a little bit startled with the date, just then my future mother-in-law came and hugged me and congratulated me and I smiled back at her and congratulated her too. Then we all had dinner and after dinner, we said our byes and after sending the groom's parents off entered our house.

"Maa, papa wedding next month is too soon, don't you both think that, are you both this eager to send me off", I asked them nearly ready to cry. And my mother came and hugged me.

"Mahi there is nothing like that my girl. Marriage happening in a month or 2 years later, the marriage has to happen and good unions are very hard to find nowadays. I know it is a little hard for you to process but trust us, we both will never choose anything wrong for you."

"I know maa but within one month I have to leave my home and go to someone else's house, how will I be able to adjust so fast?", I asked her.

"Don't worry Mahi we still have one month right and girls always have to leave one day. It's our destiny. So accept it with a positive attitude and rest leave on god shiva he will take care of everything.", she replied.

"But maa I and Ruhan haven't adjusted completely with each other. Don't you both think we both need some time to get to know each other before marriage?", I said trying to prove my point.

"I know beta but Ruhan is getting transfer within 2 months, he has to go on some mission, that is why his parents are insisting on marrying you both soon. They don't want to keep you both hanging for two years.", she replied.

"Ok maa, whatever you and papa find right for me", I replied.

"That's like my good girl", she said and kissed my head and I went to my room to get some sleep. After laying on my bed, today's events start playing in my head and I start to get nervous butterflies in my stomach. Wedding within one month. In one month my life will be changed.