Introduction

Made November 17, 2019

Edited May 1, 2022

I never meant to fall in love, but that was exactly what had happened. I first met Casey during the war. I was making weapons for all of the royal guards and she was next in line for one. She had been the captain of the Royal Guard, and a fine one at that. She was a straight to the point monster and was strong willed. I suppose she had to be. After all, she was the last Wolf Boss monster of her species. Her fur was a vibrant shade of black and her golden eyes shone with leadership. Since our first meeting we've seen each other here and there. After all, we both reported directly to the king. Then I made the mistake of letting my guard down during a battle. A mistake I'll never make again.

But I was strong willed too and gave the humans nothing even as I was beaten down and starved. Then she and the other guards came to my rescue. She was as wild as a hurricane. I miss her…

After awhile I attempted to court her. She shot me down immediately. But I kept trying. Never giving up. And it proved successful. She finally agreed. And a few years later we married. So many fond memories. We cooked together, I'll admit that I'm not good at it, we walked together, we fought together, I showed her my workstation and projects of new weapons. She then gave me the idea for the CORE project. Then near the end of the war it happened. Our best experiment was born. I regret all that was done to her… but more on that later.

Casey and I agreed our daughter would be given a font as a name as was tradition. We named her Fira. Fira Sans Gaster. And she was beautiful. She was my inspiration for what would be later called Gaster Blasters. We lived as a family for a good month. But all good things eventually come to an end. Casey was killed in action. And for the rest of the war I was numb with pain. After the war had ended my LV was extremely high.

While I had become almost cold to everyone and was drowning myself away in work, an idea had come to mind. What if I could use determination as a weapon? But I would need a vessel…

When my lab was nearly complete I had made up my mind. Fira had become EX-1.