Help from the Enemy

Sans POV

"C'mon! You need help with it. He built the original so he knows what he's doin!"
I was currently tryin to get Fira to let dad join the Hydrocore project team. She was adamant on hating 'im though. Why couldn't she just forgive 'im? He did the same things to me and I forgave 'im..
"For the last time Sans NO! He's not joining the team!" She growled at me. "But I'm busy and you need more hands than your and Alphys's."
"I have plenty more." She replied and snapped her fingers revealing eight more magic hands. "What? How? Ha! Dad has magic hands too!"
"Shut up Sans!" She growled at me again and she dismissed them. "That proves nothing."
"Technically your both the royal scientist right?"
"Yes and..?" She was confused. That was good. "And Asgore." I teleported off just as she realized what I meant.

Fira POV

Uhg. Sans! Now I would be forced to work with him. Soon the king called with the order for my to work with the doctor. "Annoying dog! Fine! I'll do it. I'm not happy though." I growled not at Asgore, but at the situation Sans put me in. I'm so getting pay back later. When I got off the phone with him, I got ready for work. I teleported outside of Sans' house and knocked on the door. The doctor answered and looked at me in surprise. "What-"
"Get ready to go. You've been asigned to the Hydrocore project by the king and I hate tardiness. I want you to meet me at the Ebott River on 2 miles up Mt. Ebott In 15 minutes. Got it?" I asked monotonously. He nodded still confused, but closed the door and left to get ready. I then teleported to the spot I asked him to meet me. Most of the team, including Alphys was already there. The Hydrocore was partly built over the water already. "Team! Gather around." When they gathered I spoke again. "Someone new is joining the team. Most of you should know him as the old royal scientist. Don't worry about his attitude though, I'm in charge and if he fights about it I'm booting him out. That is all. Now get to work." I heard a chorus of "Yes Ma'am's" and nodded in approval as they got to work. It wasn't much longer before the doctor teleported up here. He walked up to me. "The blueprints are there, take a look and start working." I pointed at a table with the blueprints on it. "I don't understand. Your..?"
"Yes. I took your place as the royal scientist. How is that confusing?"
"It was the last thing I was expecting."
"Was it now? Shut it and work doc. Your annoying me." He said nothing more, but did as he was told while looking at me.

Time Skip

Some time during the lunch break there was a malfunction in the machine. Alphys was the closest to it, so as it blew up she looked up in fear to see large chunks falling at her at an alarming rate. I was in motion as soon as the explosions started. I reached her side and was about to use my magic, but it already stopped. Purple outlined the falling debris. Only one monster had purple magic. I looked at the doctor and sure enough his sockets were lit in purple magic. He'd caught the debris. I quickly ushered Alphys and myself out from under so he could release it. "Great.. no we have to start over again.." I muttered. "I can look over your work and see what you did wrong?" The doctor suggested. I glared at him. "We're done for the day. Go home and check yourselves for any wounds." I called out, ignoring the doctor. He knew it. He started to walk away when I said something to him directly. I didn't want to say it, but he did save mine and Alphys' life. "Thank you."

Gaster POV

I turned to give Fira a dumbfounded look, but when I did.. she was gone. So I looked confused instead. I teleported home to see Sans on the couch. "How's work?" He asked me. "Your sister thanked me today."
"Heh. Looks like we're gettin somewhere."
"So it seems." Were we really? I couldn't really tell. I guess it was something. Only time will tell.