007

Another few weeks had passed and Jacob had disappeared on Bella, of course, Lucy knew the moment he shifted as Paul had been with her when it happened. Bella kept calling and harassing him for an explication even going as far as to go to his house a few times, the last time dragging Lucy along with her.

"Is he here?" Bella asked as soon as billy opened the door.

"I'm sorry," he grumbled, "But he's not in." Billy turned his attention to Lucy who was rolling her eyes at Bella's behavior.

"I'm sorry," Bella pushed past Billy so fast Lucy had barely any time to react. "But I really need to see him."

"Bella wait!" Lucy called out as Sam's call rang out through the small field that ran from the woods to Jacob's home. "Paul?" she smiled, the feeling she got whenever Paul was around her filled her with joy. He hadn't been around much the past month or so, a vampire they didn't know the name of kept coming into their territory and they had to be gone for a majority of the time. Only having enough downtime for sleep. "Paul!" She yelled out happily and running towards him jumping into his arms hugging him tightly, an angry Bella following after making Paul move Lucy behind him.

"What did you do?!" Bella snapped, hitting Paul in the chest not even moving him an inch. "What did you do to him!"

"Easy." Sam snapped as Paul growled.

"What did we do? What did he do? What did he tell you?" his temper getting the best of him when his little mate grabbed his hand. The anger faded away and her scent washed over him, vanilla with a hint of lavender and sandalwood from his jacket.

"Nothing, he tells me nothing because he's afraid of you." The pack members start laughing, Sam cracking a smile too once he saw Lucy holding back a giggle. Bella, however, did not find this as funny as her little sister, before she could process what she was doing Bella had punched Paul in the face. Lucy's cries for him to calm down we're no use as he quickly shifted in front of her, she wanted to reach out for him, to touch his soft grey fur in her hands like she loved to do. But she couldn't, not now, not while he snapped and growled at Jacob who she had just noticed when he growled. The wolves snapping and growling at each other as they rolled off fighting into the woods behind them.

"Get Bella back to Emily's place," Sam shouted out even though he didn't need too, his attention turning to Lucy who was still sitting on the ground after Paul knocked her over when he shifted. "Are you okay little wolf?" Paul's nickname for her felt foreign on sams lips but she figured it was only a matter of time before they all started calling her by it. Jared and Embry had been making fun of him non stop since he let it slip once two weeks back.

"I'm fine Sam," she smiled up at him, taking the hand he had outstretched to her and grasped him firmly. "Really, you don't need to worry about me all the time."

"You do realize that's impossible right?" Jared called out from Bella's truck making Lucy giggle and shake her head.

"Shut up Jared." She grumbled making the pair laugh as Bella looked at them all oddly. She hated that her sister was in love with a shifter, she hated the fact that Jacob was in this too. In that moment she vowed to herself that she would do whatever possible to get them both out and away from Sam's grasp and the pack. She just didn't know how hard that was going to be.

~

By the time the groups of teens reached the Young home, Lucy was yawning. Between sitting on Jared's lap after Bella refused her sitting in the bed of the truck, his body heat making her want Paul around her even more now, and Embry going on and on about some movie preview he had seen the other day, she was ready for a nap.