T38

TAEHYUNG'S POINT OF VIEW

Summer after high school when we first met
We'd make out in your Mustang to Radiohead
And on my 18th birthday we got matching tattoos

After sharing some good memories with Irene, I stood up and gulped. This time, I need to tell her the truth.

"Irene-ssi.." I called her name seriously. She smiled sweetly on me, that precious smile.

"What is it?" She answered with a sweet smile plastered on her face.

"I need to tell you something.." I said and held her hands.

She don't deserve the pain. I'm such a jerk, she deserve someone better.

"Hmmm?" She pursed her lips and hugs me. Her chin is on my shoulder and we're facing the opposite direction. The cold breeze of the night and the hums of the night bird, the peaceful moment of us infront of the Han River is making me emotional.

Of course, I tried my best to love her but ended up love as a friend. I don't know, Im confused.

Used to steal your parents' liquor and climb to the roof
Talk about our future like we had a clue
Never planned that one day I'd be losing you

THIRD PERSON'S POV

I

rene is feeling well about what happening tonight. She can't believe that the man he dreamt yesterday will be her man.

She is feeling happiness while they're hugging each other. She waited for Taehyung's word who is nervous earlier.

"Irene, let's break up.."

In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

Like a large bomb exploded, Irene was freeze on her position and her heart stops beating. Her eyes widened as the same time her heart broke into piece. Thousands of tears rolled over her cheeks.

"W-waeyo?" Her voice is shaking.

Taehyung at the same time, is also crying. Irene looks helplessly on what's happening, this is the reason someone doesn't want to be happy, because sadness will eat you after the happiness.

No one decided to talk. Irene is now feeling numb yet she can't still believe.

"Mianhae...I tried to love you but ended up love as a friend..." Taehyung confessed. Irene shut her eyes and millions of knife are on her heart right now.

"Am I not enough?" Irene still managed to asked despite of how hard the feelings is.

I was June and you were my Johnny Cash
Never one without the other, we made a pact
Sometimes when I miss you I put those records on

"N-no..I still love her.." Taehyung confessed once again. This time, Irene can't stop anymore, she started crying out loud. She wants to end the pain. She wished that this is just a dream.

Taehyung hugs her tightly. Irene cried on his shoulder loudly.

Someone said you had your tattoo removed
Saw you downtown singing the blues
It's time to face the music, I'm no longer your muse

Minutes of crying. Minutes of silence. Minutes of sorrow. The two ex-couple finally let go on their hugs and face each other

"Y-you're with me this three years.." Irene said, stuttering.

"I know..I tried to forget her..Mianhae.." Tae lowered his head for he can't look on Irene's eyes who is shouting a lot of questions.

"I-I can't believe this.." The girl whispered frustratedly and wiped the her tears once again

"I'm sorry.." The boy only said and ready to accept Irene's hurtful words that he thinks he deserve.

"Y-you know..It's not easy to let you go. But I don't want you not to be happy..." Irene voice shaked and tears fell from her eyes.

"But I'm already letting you go.."

But in another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away

The heavy rain poured from the sky the same time when the two's tears fall from their eyes. They don't care if they will be soaking wet, they care about their
last moment as a couple.