Apendix 1: Bibliography and Curriculum of the A.' .A.'.

The reader will find excellent classical examples of rituals of Magick in The Equinox, Volume I, in the following places —

Number I. — The supplement contains considerations for preparing a ritual of self-initiation. The supplement is also a perfect model of what a magical record should be, in respect of the form.

Number II. — On pages 244-288 are given several rituals of Initiation.

Pages 302-317 give an account of certain astral visions.

Pages 326-332 give a formula for Rising on the Planes.

Number III. — Pages 151-169 give details of certain magical formulae.

Pages 170-190 are a very perfect example — classical, old style — of a magical ritual for the evocation of the spirit of Mercury.

Pages 190-197 — a ritual for the consecration of a talisman. A very perfect example.

Pages 198-205 — a very fine example of a ritual to invoke the Higher Genius.

Pages 208-233 — Ritual of Initiation, with explanation of the same.

Pages 269-272 — Ritual of obtaining the Knowledge and Conversation of the Holy Guardian Angel by the formula of I.A.O.

Pages 272-278 — Ritual to make one's self invisible.

Number IV. — Pages 43-196 — Treatise, with model Records, of Mental Training appropriate to the Magician.

Number V. — The supplement is the most perfect account of visions extant. They explore the farthest recesses of the magical universe.

Number VI. — the Supplement gives seven rituals of the dramatic order, as described in Chapter XIX.

Pages 29-32 — A highly important magical ritual for daily use and work.

Number VII. — Pages 21-27 — Classical ritual to invoke Mercury; for daily use and work.

Pages 117-157 — Example of a dramatic ritual in modern style.

Pages 229-243 — An elaborate magical map of the universe on particular principles.

Pages 372-375 — Example of a seasonal ritual.

Pages 376-383 — Ritual to invoke Horus.

Number VIII. — Pages 99-128 — The conjuration of the elemental spirits.

Number IX. — Pages 117-136 — Ritual for invoking the spirit of Mars.

Number X. — Pages 57-79 — Modern example of a magical ritual in dramatic form, commemorating the return of Spring.

Pages 81-90 — Fragment of ritual of a very advanced character.

VOL. III.

No. I. — This volume contains an immense number of articles of primary importance to every student of magick.

The rituals of The Book of Lies and the Goetia are also to be studied. The "preliminary invocation" of the Goetia is in particular recommended for daily use and work.

Orpheus, by Aleister Crowley, contains a large number of magical invocations in verse. There are also a good many others in other parts of his poetical works.

The following is a complete curriculum of reading officially approved by the A∴ A∴

CURRICULUM OF A∴ A∴COURSE I. GENERAL READING.