The Race

*Tuesday*

"Hey Jordan"

"Wassup Leah" I turned around to adjust Asia's clothes.

"Thanks for your help man forreal."

"Now Jordy you know my mama and yours go way back. It's cool how long you been home?"

"Few weeks, been tryna chill and stay out of bullshit." Asia gasped.

"Oh my bad mini haha", I leaned over and bumped her with my shoulder.

"Nope, when mama gets better I'm telling her what you said Jordy.", she shook her head at me.

Leah held up her hand to Asia and they high-fived.

"Good girl. Keep her in check."

I laughed at the comment and gave Asia one last hug.

"Love you mini mi. See you at 5."

She squeezed my arm and ran off to Leah's car, her Dora bookbag dragging behind her.

Leah stopped and turned around
" I know you think you're too gooood to hang out with us ", she said sarcastically.
"But you can come chill with me and some girls tonight."

" I don't know" I rubbed the back of my neck. I really don't like hanging out with random people. People bring problems.

"Jay I have to take my sister's little friends to go see some fake rapper boy tonight. He's signing autographs or some shit. I'ma be bored as hell if somebody doesn't come with me. Ty has my number. If you wanna come text me."

Pretty sure she smiled at me before she walked off.

"Aight I'll let you know."

I went back in the house and into my room. Gotta pick out something for my interview today. I grabbed my white button down Burberry and my fitted navy blue slacks. I got in the shower and played some random shit on Spotify. I got out.

*1Missed Call * BABE😩😍

Damn Nia called me and I missed it. I sat on my bed to call her back, of course no answer. At this point no one's surprised. We barely hit each other up, not since Sunday when my mom went down. I put some clothes in the laundry and decided to take a nap. I set my alarm until 11, need to be ready and get there early. I really need a job man. I know I don't have a lot of work experience but I've fixed on a few cars dad made sure of it.

I got up to my alarm blasting, I chose the most annoying sound I could so I ain't oversleep. I took out my outfit and put it on. I went and grabbed two small diamond studs and put them in. It was a hot day so I slicked my hair up into a bun.

Damn, I should dress like this more often.
I took some selfies to send to Nia. Ya nigga look good as hell no cap. I opened my Insta and uploaded two pics side by side.

Caption:
Same 🤤💦 Different Road 🔥💯

I sat on the couch eating a pop tart.

I opened Google to search the address to We Fix Automotive.

17 mins away. Damn

I mean that's not terrible, but it's on the other side of town and I don't have a car yet. The worst part is I haven't been back to see my mom since I left Sunday. I tried to tell myself I couldn't get a ride or it wasn't a good time, but to be honest I just can't go back. She's there, but she's not. It's like, that's not her.

Asia has hella questions but I just told her mom's sick and has to rest for now. I promised her she's ok...and she is, hopefully.

I better go ahead and request my Lyft now it's getting close to 1. I put my shoes one then confirmed my request. Cool. Now I just need to make sure I don't fuck up this shirt. I turned on the TV to some lame Lifetime movie.