EIGHT: MODELING

los angeles, california | year of 2012

scarlet began to model for different clothing brands. she was a big hit and started to gain a fanbase of her own. tyler was proud of her, but they still were very private about their lives.

scarlet sat up straight in her chair as the woman did her makeup. she rolled her eyes up as she started to apply eyeliner. after her makeup was done, she stood up and looked in the mirror. she noticed one of the agents that were recruiting models in the reflection of the mirror. she saw that he was staring hard but she didn't think much of it.

she picked up her phone to answer a text message and then she suddenly felt hands on her waist . she flinched and looked into the mirror. she tried to scream but nothing came out and smacked his hands away as she gasped and fell to her knees. she blacked out.

~

tyler was in a rush to get to the police department when he got the call about scarlet. he wasn't told enough details about what had happened, so he was left confused. after finding her in a private room, she snapped her head around and sighed with relief, jumping up and hugging him. tyler wrapped his arms around her tightly. she was crying on his shoulder. it hurt him. he hated to see her like this. "scar, what happened?"

scarlet tried to speak but she was choking on her words. a detective watched from the table and sighed. "mr. okonma, i hope you've been made aware that you're partner was sexually harassed."

"what?" his grip on scarlet loosened as his body and mind fell into shock. scarlet sniffled and looked up at him. he looked down at her with a questioning look at his face. "what is she talking about?"

the detective spoke again. "she was groped inappropriately by someone at her job," she further explained.

scarlet broke down. she couldn't look at tyler. he hugged her and held her tightly. "can i have some privacy?" he asked politely. he gulped and looked at the detective. she promptly left them in the room along and scarlet suddenly fell to her knees. tyler lowered himself down to her level and hugged her. "i'm sorry..."

"why are you sorry?" scarlet sobbed into his shirt, grasping onto his arm, crying uncontrollably.

"i couldn't protect you."

for about a week, tyler beat himself for not being there for scarlet. he became overly-protective and went everywhere he could with scarlet. he cancelled shows, meetings, and he upset fans and important public figures. but nothing was more important to him.

"gosh, tyler."

"what?" he questioned her as she started to build up an attitude as she got into the car, putting the hood over head and crossing her arms. he got into the driver's seat and looked at her. "what's wrong?"

"you're disappointing so many people for situation as little as this. i didn't let it go any farther," scarlet argued with him.

tyler built his lip as he started the car. "scarlet, i vowed to myself to protect you and i'm going to live up to it. i love you more than anything."

hearing those words that day is when scarlet realized that tyler loved her more seriously than she thought. she sunk in her seat as she started to feel bad for being bothered and she let her hand crawl onto his thigh and she let it stand there. "i love you, more, t."