PUB

Happy reading....

Anu was busy with the details for the upcoming event when she heard her boss calling her on the intercom.

She went to his office, finding Aditya looking expressionless. She was confused but maintained her composure.

"How is the preparation going?" Aditya asked.

"It's good," Anu replied.

Aditya leaned on his table and asked her to sit down.

She hesitated, "I have some work to do."

Aditya raised an eyebrow. "You are saying no to your boss?"

Anu rolled her eyes and sarcastically sat down. "Tell me, sir."

Aditya's expression darkened. "Why have you been going home late at night these days?"

Anu was shocked.

How does he know?

"No, I'm always home after office.", she replied immediately.

Aditya's glare intensified. "You are lying."

Anu frowned. "I don't have to lie."

Aditya pulled out his phone and showed her a picture of her drinking with Lakshya.

Her eyes widened with anger. "Why are you keeping tabs on me? That's invading my privacy."

Aditya's anger flared. "I was there when you practically threw yourself on him, wasted. Who's that guy? Do you even know him? How can you go with a stranger who could be a serial killer?"

Anu's fury matched his. "It's none of your business who I spend my time with. Lakshya is a good guy, unlike you."

Aditya lost control, slamming his phone to the floor.

Anu jumped in her seat, never having seen him this furious.

She whispered, a bit scared, "What's wrong with you?"

Aditya, his voice cold and controlled, told her to get out.

Anu felt humiliated and hurt. She stood up, her heart pounding, and left the office without another word.

------

Bela noticed Anu furiously typing away at her keyboard and couldn't help but ask, "What happened?"

Anu barely glanced up, her fingers still flying over the keys. "It's nothing, just Aditya bossing around, testing my patience as usual."

Bela could sense the frustration in her voice. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Anu shook her head, sighing. "No, not really. But... could you come to the pub with me tonight?"

Bela hesitated. She had already promised Mahir they would continue their drama marathon tonight.

But she thought about how she had already turned down Anu the last time. If she refused again, it might seem like she was avoiding her, and besides, Anu clearly seemed upset. Maybe some company would cheer her up.

"Okay," Bela agreed, offering a small smile. "I'll come with you."

Anu looked up, visibly relieved. "Thank you, Bela."

Meanwhile, in his office, Aditya was pacing, his eyes locked on the shattered remains of his phone on the floor.

His hands were clenched tightly in his hair, his mind a whirlwind of confusion and anger.

"What's wrong with me?" he muttered to himself, unable to shake the frustration coursing through him.

He couldn't understand why he was so affected by Anu's actions, or why it even mattered to him who she spent her time with.