THE JOURNEY BEGINS

Happy reading...

"Are you okay?" Bela asked, her voice laced with genuine concern. Mahir was taken aback by her normal behavior, finally concluding that she was indeed a human being!

"Yeah, I think so," he replied, pushing aside his annoyance for a moment.

Bela's seat was directly opposite his, and she felt a wave of relief wash over her, glad she wasn't alone on this journey. She didn't want to show her feelings too overtly, mindful of the so-called men's ego. Placing her bag under the seat, she settled down.

Mahir, meanwhile, inspected his toe and, finding it unscathed, put his shoe back on.

Bela removed her scarf, draping it over her shoulder, and wiped her sweaty forehead with her palm. She combed through her messy hair with her fingers, neatly arranging them.

Suddenly, she felt someone's gaze upon her and looked up, only to find a pair of dark brown eyes watching her with amusement.

"Staring is rude, Mister!" she mumbled with a smile.

Mahir quickly averted his gaze, the tips of his ears turning red, a detail that didn't escape Bela's notice.

Before Mahir could apologize, a mobile ringtone interrupted the moment.

The tune was "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran.

It was Bela's phone. Her elder sister, Vishakha, was calling her.

"Hello, di! You know what happened? Remember I used to say I wanted to do that DDLJ train scene?" Bela's face lit up, her eyes twinkling as she recounted the incident to her sister.

Mahir was stunned as he listened. 'Is she really going to tell her everything that happened?'he thought, shocked.

"Yes, that famous Raj and Simran train sequence," she said, even humming the tune.

Kya aafat hai ye ladki? Mahir thought.

"What? You want to know who is Raj?" she asked, glancing at Mahir, who was now hiding his face behind a magazine.

What the heck! Now she's telling her sister about me?

"I don't know his name, but he's an unromantic man, unlike Raj. He's just a normal, boring guy," she mumbled the last part quietly, not wanting the certain brown-eyed man to hear.

It was the second time she called him 'boring,' and now she had added 'unromantic.' Mahir frowned.

"Luckily, his seat is opposite mine."

"Yeah, whatever, but he helped me."

"Do you want to talk to him?" she asked, and Mahir was stunned.

Her sister wants to talk to me? Why? I don't even know this troublemaker, and now who's this sister? Mahir thought, shrinking back into his seat and hiding behind the magazine.

"Hello, stop pretending. I know you heard my conversation. My sister Vishakha wants to talk to you about something... take it," she said with a hint of irritation.

Mahir's eyes widened. This girl was not dumb at all.

Reluctantly, Mahir took the phone, confusion evident on his face. He didn't see the point of the conversation.

"Hello," he said calmly, not wanting to be rude just because her sister was a troublemaker.

"Hello! I am Bela's elder sister, Vishakha. You can call me Vish," a gentle voice replied.

So this troublemaker's name is Bela. She didn't even tell me her name, yet she's telling everyone about me, Mahir thought, looking at Bela. She pouted.

"Hello, Mister! I don't go around telling my name to strangers, okay," she said.

Mahir rolled his eyes at the drama queen's pout. She actually looked cute while doing that, but soon her pout turned into a thin line, and her brows furrowed when she realized he had called her a troublemaker.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have called her a troublemaker," he apologized immediately, and Bela relaxed, mumbling, "That's better."

"Oh, you don't need to be sorry. She is a little crazy," her sister said, her laughter ringing in Mahir's ears.

"Not a little, but completely mad," he wanted to say aloud but was silenced by Bela's sharp glare.

"What's your name?"

"Mahir... Mahir Sehgal."

Mahir. It's not that bad, Bela thought.

"Nice! If you don't mind, will you take care of my little sister, Bela? It's her first time going to Mumbai alone. Please?"

Mahir thought, then who will take care of me?

"I need to take care of myself because your sister is out of the box," he muttered to himself.

"Mahir, are you there?"

"Yes, sorry, I was a bit distracted. Yes, I will take care of her, don't worry."

"Thank you so much, Mahir," she replied, her gratitude evident.

"Ms. Bela," Mahir handed the phone back to her and resumed reading his magazine.

"What were you saying to him?" Bela inquired.

"Nothing, paagal. I was just thanking him for his help. You take care of yourself and don't irritate Mahir. He's such a nice guy."

"Bye," Bela hung up the call and glared at Mahir.

He ducked his head into the magazine, pretending she didn't exist.

*****
Bela's supremacy 😌

@/authorShazShaik on Instagram 💙

Allah hafiz ✨