Ch 3

I let my emotions go. He would never believe fake tears. But these were real. All the emotions I've kept on for so long came pouring out. It felt good to cry, just like they say.

He came in just when I wanted him to. I looked so vulnerable he didn't even register shock as I took him down, my hands no longer in cuffs. The door was still open and I got out quickly. They defiantly saw that stunt on the cameras.

Warning bells sounded everywhere. I ran up the stairs taking out guy after guy. I got to the edge of the ship to the ladders when I heard a forceful voice I recognized. He was already recovered and standing 5 feet in front of me. I wouldn't make it down, unless.....

He knew what I was thinking. "Don't do it." He put his arms out, half shielding himself, half inviting me to come back. "That's very dangerous."

It was, but I had no other choice. I had the disk and I had a chance to leave. I didn't care if it broke all my bones, I had to try. I glanced over the edge to the swift moving water below and looked back at him. He knew I was going to do it, he lunged toward me but I was a second faster.

As I free fell I prepared myself for impact. I smacked the water with force, knocking the wind out of me. But I survived, I always survive..... through everything.

We weren't that far away from land as I suspected. I quickly got myself together, found some contacts who owed me a favor and got back to the States.