Chapter VII

Khehehe~
______________________________

What was he expecting?

Of course it couldn't work. That was his karma for being an asshole. His parents wasted their money on him.

Each passing minute felt like another year going by with no sound. And he felt 70 because that's how many minutes went by with those things in his ears.

     The doctors hooked them up to a machine, plugs vibrating in his ears and not a sound to be heard yet.

     They told him it would take a few minutes. Only a few. He didn't expect to be sitting there for an hour. He could feel his legs and ass already going numb.

     Bakugou wanted to cry, to scream, to yank the wires that bounded him to the chair. He'd lost hope 10 minutes ago, so why was he still there?

     He eyed the doctors with a solemn expression, a nurse catching sight of this and whispering to the man. They glanced back at him a few times before the nurse nodded and turned a nob.

     •

     •

     •

     •

     •

     •

     ...what's that buzzing?

     The vibrating stopped. And the sound of ringing penetrated his ears. His eyes went wide as he heard the muffled voice of the doctor. With his skill to read lips, he could make out what he was saying.

     "Can you hear my voice?" the man said. Bakugou nodded in disbelief.

     "It's muffled but...yes." He smiled a little in disbelief , not quite mirroring the doctors face. The man held his hand to him, revealing small, headphone devices that crossed between hearing aids and spy phones.

     He took them and plugged them into his ears.

     "What about now? Is it better?" With a gasp, he smacked his mouth in shock. Tears almost streamed down his cheek and he heard himself speak for the first time.

     "Fucking shit," he laughed. He smiled so wide his cheeks hurt. The doctor and the nurse chuckled awkwardly before he spoke.

     "Do you wanna go talk to your parents—"

     "Hell yes let's go." He got up from his chair and waited for the doctor to lead him back.

     It wasn't long before he peaked in, saw his parents asleep, Eijirou as well.  The doctor was about to say something to wake them but Katsuki shushed him before he could do so.

     "Let me. I want to see their fucking faces." The man nodded, walking away. With a mischievous smile, he yelled. "WAKE THE FUCK UP!" His parent bolted awake and Eijirou fell off the chair. He put on a pained expression as if he was on the verge of tears.

     One look of his face and his parents talked him with a hug. "Oh sweetie. I'm gonna get my money back. They promised me he'd hear again," his mother growled lowly.

     "Mitsuki you need to calm down. It was a nice try," his father assumed. Bakugou could help but let out a hefty laugh, confusing the people in the room.

     "Yeah old hag, calm down. No need to get you pansies up your ass," he chuckled. The look of shock shadowed their expressions and Kirishima laughed.

     "You-You stupid brat!" Mitsuki hit him upside the head before bear hugging him once again. After a few curses and screams, his parents went to go talk to the doctor, leaving the two boys alone in the room.

     When Kirishima laughed earlier, it sounded cheerful and low. But they had yet spoken to each other. It was too silent for Katsuki, yet he didn't want to say anything.

    "That was pretty mean of you, Katsuki, but it was funny as hell," Kirishima smiled. Bakugou froze in place.

"Wh-What did you just fucking call me?" he asked, to quiet than he meant to.

"What—o-oh! Oops sorry, I guess it slipped." An awkward laugh escaped his lips. His voice was more gravelly than he thought, low and very happy too. "I've guess I've grown used to it sort of."

"Have you been calling me Katsuki all this time?" Bakugou faced him and was met with an awkward smile. He nodded and apologized once again. "I don't mind..." he murmured.

"You don't?" Bakugou shook his head. "Okay! Call me Eijirou!"

"Okay, shitty hair. Though your hair isn't shitty right now." Bakugou eyed the artificial red hair. He stood and made his way over to the boy, slapping his hand on the top of his head and ruffling it. "It always surprises me."

"What, Why?"

"Cuz you drown it in gel and dye all the time," he sneered. He continued to stand there, enjoying the soft moment with an equal smile.

A few minutes went by and they were being ushered into the car and drove home. They were gonna hang out and talk all day because Katsuki never wanted to go another second without hearing Kirishima's voice.

They sat in Bakugou's room, talking, joking and complaining about everything. Katsuki has never been so happy in his life. Sure, he couldn't depend on the hearing aids all the time, but at least he had the ability to hear sound. He can finally listen to all of Kirishima's favorite bands now and judge him.

It was when the night came when Katsuki noticed something off. The way Kirishima looked away when he smiled, or grinned nervously when he brought up the topic of a sleep over even though he agreed.

It was when Kirishima went quiet Katsuki decided to say something that's been on his mind.

"Did you believe me when I said I liked you?" Bakugou flushed at the question and so did the redhead.

"At first, no. I thought you were just saying things. But...I started thinking on your words and now I'm not so sure." Kirishima shrugged, looking down. "So...is it true or not?"

The question caught him off guard and he hugged a pillow that was thrown at him earlier. "It was true."

"Was?"

"Yeah, I don't like you anymore," Bakugou stated, though realizing what he just said as he stared at the boys crestfallen face. "Cuz now I'm fucking in love with you." He said that with confidence as he saw Kirishima state at him with surprise. "I don't care if you don't feel the same. As long as I have you as my best fucking friend, that's enough for—"

"Wait what? Who says I wanna be your friend?" Kirishima asked. Bakugou's heart dropped and he mustered a sad smile. But when he went to say something, he was cut oof once again. "I wanna be your boyfriend idiot. Don't friend—zone me like that."

"Huh?"
_________________________________________

It was gonna be sad but nah, I don't wanna do my boy like that TvT

Comment what you think! I love receiving notifications x3

Bye bye~ <3

Published October 11 2019
Edited December 15 2022