Chapter 9

Taes POV

I had just listened to y/n confess but I knew I couldn't confront him/her because I didn't want y/n to feel pressured. I packed up my suitcase and wrote the list of things needing to be done everyday, and left for the airport. I was already late and knew I i was going to get shit from the other members, but I was late because I was helping y/n so I don't feel like it was a waste of time.

Once I was in the taxi, I kept thinking of what y/n said

"Tae, I like you too, but Namjoon told me I can't."

What does Namjoon have to do with this? And what mission? I pulled out my phone and earbuds and watched the tape over and over, I kept rewinding it until I played it at the current moment to see that y/n was talking to Yeontan while it ate. I turned up the volume on my earbuds and listened.

Y/n POV

I was feeding tannie and telling it about my problems.

"Namjoon wants me to be part of the UMK, otherwise he will hurt Tae, I can't let Tae get hurt, but I can't stand the UMK, I can't be another spy, the training is brutal and I just want to have a normal life without any problems, I want to get married, have kids, watch them grow up, send them off to school for the first time, watch them come home from school with a drawing of a happy family, a happy family I never had!" You started to raise your voice when talking about the future, unaware that tears were coming down your face.

Yeontan finished eating and you put the leash on and went out to walk it. The sun had just come up over the mountains brightening the whole street you were walking down. It was so beautiful you forgot about everything. You decided to sit on a park bench and picked up Tannie, and stroked its soft fur and just looked at the colors coming from the sun.

As you were walking back "home" you got a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?" You answered

"Namjoon is speaking, y/n your first mission will be taking place downtown at my apartment, some people from the government are coming to snoop through some things, and they trust you, you either need to tell them everything is clear so they don't find anything or fight them all off."

He hind up the phone before you could say anything. You felt your phone buzz right after you pulled it away from your ear and saw a location from the number on your lock screen, with a time.

"11 am today, don't let them find anything, or I'll surprise your parents." You looked at the time and saw that it was 9:45. You quickly got Yeontan home, changed, and iced your ankle for 30 minutes, and took your concussion medicine.

You were in front of his apartment, and used a Bobby pin to pick the lock to get in knowing that they would be there any minute. No matter what length your hair was, you always pulled it back so it wouldn't get in your eyes. You were in all black and had a black breathing mask on. You looked out the window so you could see the staircase. It was about 20 or so minutes when you saw multiple people coming up. You quickly left the apartment when they were outside of it. You pulled out your old spy badge and showed them.

"Everything is clear in there, I have been here for a while searching, no need to come in." You didn't remove your mask to speak in case this failed and you had to fight them.

"We were never told that another batch was sent out, we were told to search. Everyone brushed passed you into the apartment. You followed them in and put your Bobby pin and jammed it in the door lock so you couldn't leave, but neither could they.

You kicked one of the government officials in the back sending him into the wall, you walked over to him while he was unconscious and tied him to a kitchen chair and taped his mouth.

It took you less than 5 minutes to get the rest of them in the same circumstance. One by one you took them to the roof and just set them there and left. You had un-jammed the Bobby pin and stuck it in your pocket. You used one of the walkie talkies on the body guards and told the people at HR that nothing was found. You then left and made it home to see 19 missed calls from your parents.