~Battle For The Wand~

CHAPTER 13

CHAPTER 13

Ben walks into the room and everyone bows to him. Gabby and Ben share a smile as he passes her. Gabby didn't know what to do because she had so many conflicting thoughts in that moment.
"Don't blow it," Gaston says as they watch the ceremony. Fairy Godmother gives Belle a hug before bowing to Beast and taking his crown. She places the crown on Ben's head as Gabby stares at the wand. Beast uncovers the wand before Belle hands it to Fairy Godmother.
"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother asks Ben as she stands in front of him.
"Oh, grab the thing already!" Maleficent says as the villains wait on Gabby to grab the wand.
"I do solemnly swear," Ben answers Fairy Godmother.
"Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new king," Fairy Godmother says as she touches each of his shoulders with the wand. Jane then grabs the wand from Fairy Godmother. The wand starts sending sparks out everywhere.
"The barrier is broken! We're free!" The Evil Queen says as everything shakes.
"Scepter! Now!" Maleficent says before it floats to her hand and she disappears in green smoke.
"Child, what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother asks Jane.
"If you won't make me beautiful, I'll do it myself!" Jane answers as Ben runs to stand in front of Gabby protectively. "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" Gabby runs forward and starts wrestling the wand from Jane.
"Careful, Gabby!" Belle calls out before Gabby is able to get the wand from Jane. Jay, Mal, Evie, and Carlos run from the balcony to be with Gabby as she holds the wand out in front of her. Jane then runs into the crowd as Ben stands in front of Gabby.
"Gabby, give me the wand," Ben tells her.
"Stand back," Gabby tells him as she has an internal struggle on what to do.
"It's okay," Ben tells her as he takes a step forward.
"Ben, I said stand back!" Gabby yells at him causing him to put his hands up in surrender.
"I told you so!" Chad says as he steps forward causing Gabby to turn to him. Chad retreats back to the crowd as the VK's reach Gabby.
"Let's go! Revenge time," Jay says.
"You really want to do this?" Ben asks Gabby.
"We have no choice, Ben!" Gabby tells him as she thinks about her father. "Our parents..."
"Your parents made their choice," Ben argues. "Now you make yours." Gabby looks up at Beast, Belle, and Fairy Godmother and sees the fear on their faces. Gabby knew then that she never wanted to be the one to cause that.
"I think I want to be good," Gabby says as she looks back to Ben.
"You are good," Ben says.
"How do you know that?" Gabby asks him as she struggles to choose.
"Because... Because I'm listening to my heart," Ben answers her.
"I want to listen to my heart, too," Gabby says as she starts to lower the wand before turning to the other VK's. "And my heart is telling me that we are not our parents." Gabby smiles before turning to Jay. "I mean, stealing things doesn't make you happy. Tourney, victory pizza with the team, and Mal makes you happy." Jay smiles as he looks at Mal, who blushes. She turns to Carlos. "And you, scratching dude's belly makes you happy. Who would've thought?" She laughs. "Mal, drawing and Jay make you happy, not trying to be like your mother." Mal nods as Jay pulls her into his side. "And Evie... You do not have to play dumb to get a guy. You are so smart." Evie giggles. "And I don't want to take over the world with evil or to destroy the royal family. It doesn't make me happy, it never has. I want to go to school. And be with Ben." Ben looks at Gabby hopeful before she turns to face him. "Because Ben makes me really happy and your family is too amazing to destroy." She holds up her hand to show his ring before turning back to the others. "Us being friends makes me really happy. Not destroying things. I choose good, you guys." Gabby puts her fist out between all of them.
"I choose good, too," Jay says as he and Mal put their hands in.
"I choose good," Evie says as she adds her hand.
"So, just to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be? Because they're gonna be really, really mad," Carlos asks causing the others to laugh.
"Your parents can't reach you here," Ben says as he steps forward a little.
"Okay, then. Good," Carlos says as he adds his hand. Gabby then looks back at Ben.
"Come on," Gabby says before Ben steps forward and adds his hand. Gabby leans her head on his arm as the crowd cheers. Lightening strikes before green smoke enters the room and Maleficent appears from within the smoke.
"I'm back!" Maleficent says with a laugh.
"Go away, mother," Mal says as she stands beside Gabby.
"She's funny. Oh! I'm so... you're very funny," Maleficent says as she laughs. "Here. Wand me. Chop chop."
"No!" Ben yells as Gabby pretends to give the wand to Maleficent before throwing it to Fairy Godmother.
"Bibbidi-bobbidi..." Fairy Godmother begins.
"Boo," Maleficent says as she freezes everyone besides the villain kids. "Psych." Maleficent makes her way over to Beast. "Ooh. Ooh, in another time, in another time. Evil like me,
don't you wanna be mean..." Maleficent makes her way to Fairy Godmother before grabbing the wand. "Oh. Oh, no.
Someone needs to pluck their nose hairs. Where shall we begin?" Maleficent stand between Fairy Godmother's arms. "I know. Why don't we start by getting rid of these?" Maleficent uses the wand to take Ben's ring from Gabby and the ring that Jay gave Mal from Mal. "Perfect fit! Oh, excuse me. Pardon me. Excuse me. The horns, the horns! Aw... Falling in love is weak... And ridiculous." Maleficent messes with Ben's crown. "It's not what you want."
"You don't know what we want!" Mal says as she defends herself and Gabby. "Mom, have you ever once asked me what I want? I'm not you!"
"Oh, obviously. I've had years and years and years and... Years of practice being evil. You'll get there," Maleficent says.
"No, I will not. And I really wish that you had never gotten there yourself. Love is not weak or ridiculous. It's actually really amazing," Mal explains.
"I know one thing, young lady. You have no room for love in your life!" Maleficent says.
"And now I command, wand to my hand!" Mal says and the wand goes into her hand. "Ha! It worked!"
"I hardly think so. Frankly, this is tedious and very immature. Give me the wand. Give me the wand!" Maleficent says as she paces back and forth.
"Hold on, Mal," Gabby says getting her attention.
"Maybe good really is more powerful than evil," Carlos says.
"Oh, please! You're killing me. Arf!" Maleficent says trying to scare Carlos. Dude runs forward and jumps on Maleficent. "Oh! Oh, the breath! The breath! Get off me!" Jay runs forward as Maleficent drops Dude and tries to take her staff. "Gaston should be jealous." She flicks Jay in the head causing him to fly backwards. "Enough! You all will regret this!" Maleficent disappears into the green smoke and comes out as a dragon. She blows fire at Jay causing him to dodge and run around a column before she appears on the other side and does the same.
"Come on. Run, Jay, run! Hurry, Jay. Hurry, hurry, hurry! Jay! Watch it, Jay! Jay, come on! Please, Jay! Jay!" Mal calls as he runs away from her mother.
"Evie, your mirror!" Gabby calls as they all run.
"Magic mirror, shine a bright light!" Evie orders as they stop. The mirror shines bright before Evie shines it into Maleficent's eyes causing her to stop chasing them.
"Behind me, E!" Mal says as she stands in front of them. "Leave my friends alone! This is between you and me, mother." Maleficent and Mal start to use their green eyes against each other. "The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before five hearts as one. The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before five hearts as one. The strength of evil is good as none, when stands before five hearts as one!" Maleficent disappears into the green smoke and comes out as a tiny lizard. Fairy Godmother becomes unfrozen.
"What just happened?" Gabby asks.
"I have no idea," Mal answers.
"Did you do it?" Carlos asks.
"I don't know," Mal answers.
"No, no, no, no. Your mother did," Fairy Godmother says as she reaches them. "She shrank to the size of the love in her heart. That's why It's so itty-bitty."
"Is she gonna be like that forever?" Mal asks.
"Well, forever is a long time. You learned to love. So can she," Fairy Godmother answers.
"I believe this belongs to you," Mal says as she hands the wand to Fairy Godmother.
"And I believe this...Belongs to you," Fairy Godmother says as she gives Jay's ring back to Mal. "And this to you." She hands Ben's ring to Gabby. "You all have earned yourselves an "a" in goodness class." They all laugh.