A Precarious Tomorrow

Your pov

Another dark, black, lifeless void. But this time, instead of freefalling in place, I'm floating around. Like swimming in jello. I enjoy my pudding pool for a few minutes before turning around to see a certain yellow fox I know all too well. But I don't think it was Renny... They didn't sound like her. Or look like her now that I think about it. Broader shoulders and a more toned chest, no breasts (I hope). Their voice sorta echoing and fading in and out as they talked."There is no other way! She disbands our entire clan's way of life just to live with a human?! We are taking her back by force, or we are going to use some leverage!" His voice is collected and stern, yet, you can still hear the sting in his voice.

"You think I don't know that? I'm saying it won't make anything better! She'll hate us either way!" Another Renamon pleads. It sounded more feminine like. "This same rule has been around longer than both of us and to also keep us all out of harm's way. I know it's your daughter, and you want to spare her all this trouble, but it is my duty as a protector of these people to keep them as far away and least connected to threats". The feminine Renamon started weeping lightly. Running off in the distance.The sounds start fading off again as I hear my name blurrily called."(Y/n)! (Y/n)! Wake up!" I drowsily opened my eyes to see Ren's... Pretty face. "W-Whats wrong?" I say, shook back to life. "You were shaking and talking in your sleep, I need to know you're fine" Her hands are shaking on my shoulders "Oh Ren, I'm fine" I lean her head into my chest. "But I have a question," I say. "Do your parents hate you?" "Wait, what?!" Her worried face turns to a death gaze, boring into my head.