An unExpected Visit

Saihara was deep asleep when he heard someone frantically rapping at the front door of his home. He woke up with a start, confused as to what someone could want at such an ungodly hour. Straining to hear for more knocks through the sound of rain pounding on the window beside his bed, he threw the covers off himself and made his way downstairs. He lifted the cover of the doors peephole, struggling to make out the face of the person. Tentatively, he cracked the door open, only to have a familiar face push him aside and let himself in. Closing the door, he could feel the cold that had seeped inside from the few seconds the door was open. As for Ouma, he was busy taking his shoes off just a few feet away, still dripping wet from the rain.

"So, like, I was feeling like garbage, the usual, y'know? So I decided to stop by the bakery when it started poooooooouring" he said, waving his arms once he had put his shoes down to accentuate his point. "Anyways," he continued, peeling off the light sweater he wore, which had been drenched by the rain. Surprisingly though, he removed a small cardboard box he had under it, which still seemed mostly dry. Setting the box next to his items, he started again. "The place was closing so the lady just gave me a couple pieces free, although I think she's just beginning to recognize me since I've been coming more frequently." He finished his sentence with a grin, watching the other rub his face with both hands, although he could still make out a faint smile through his hands.

"Well, I can't say I'm not content to see you" Saihara said sheepishly. "With your house being so close, why waste money on a taxi? I mean, who wouldn't want to see their favorite~?" Ouma said, reaching for a hug before the other put a hand on his chest to stop him. "What were you doing out at this hour though?" he said with a concerned look on his face. "I don't want you to get sick because you didn't want to bother me" he continued, his eyes going from Ouma's cold-flushed face to his dripping shoes and sweater he'd left on the floor. With a sigh, he gave Ouma a small push towards the stairs leading to the upper floor. "Seriously, I don't want you to get sick. Go take a shower in my bathroom" he said with a sigh, giving him another small push right after. "Whaaaa-? You're just gonna let me go alone like that? What if I get lightheaded and faint? You wouldn't even hear my little old body hit the floor with your hearing, took me 20 minutes of knocking to get you down here" he whined.

"20 minutes? Were you seriously out there for 20 minutes?" Saihara asked, the worry in his voice starting to show a bit more.
"Who was out there for 20 minutes?!" Ouma quipped before quickly running up the stairs giggling, "I'm gonna use all the hot water though, so be warned~"

As Saihara heard Ouma's quick footsteps running up the stairs, he turned his attention to the dripping wet contents he left on the floor, particularly the box. It was relatively small and made of white glossy cardboard, pink lines running across its sides with a big pink emblem on the very top of the box, marking it as a product of a rather popular Hisui bakery in their city. Picking it up with a sigh, he was at least slightly relieved that the thing Ouma had gone through so much trouble to get hadn't been ruined, most likely due to the waxy gloss coating the box. Opening the tightly sealed package, it smelled like he had just walked into the bakery itself. Looking over the neatly placed assorted desserts, he almost snorted when he saw one of the little cakes. On top, it spelled "sHui" in chocolate letters piped onto thin chocolate disks. As small a thing as it seemed, he couldn't help but smile a bit at the idea of Ouma meticulously rearranging the bakery's "Hisui" plaque into his nickname.

Knowing how Ouma was, he decided to leave the desserts on the kitchen table while he made coffee for...himself. Ouma didn't drink coffee. Although perhaps if adding a spoon full of coffee to a cup of milk and even more sugar to "balance out the bitterness" counted as coffee, then maybe he did. Anyways, if Ouma was involved, it'd definitely be a long night. After making sure to leave Ouma dry clothes for when he came out and hung up his old ones, he set the table with their desserts and drinks.