Chapter 14

Taehyung  left Jungkook 's apartment  at four  in the  morning. Before  leaving Taehyung  had  agreed  to turn  himself  in only  if they  wouldn't  do it in a public  place.

Jungkook  thought this  was  a good idea. Taehyung  was  unpredictable. Things could go wrong  and  there was  a probability  of a shootout taking  place. Then no civilians would  be harmed.

They met at a site that  was  near the  cliff in the outskirts of Seoul . Namjoon had accompanied Jungkook. Just as Jungkook had  predicted Taehyung  didn't make  things  easy.

"Jungkook, I'm  really  sorry  for  making  you  think I was  going  to turn myself  in.It's laughable  to even  think  about  it.Catch  me if you can darling "Taehyung smirked  with his hands in his pockets.

Jungkook 's temper flared. "Taehyung, you  bastard "Jungkook took  out  his  gun and  pointed directly  at his husband.

"If you  even  try to  take a step from  here  then I will  blow your  brains  off.I won't  hesitate  to kill  you  if I have  to.Do you hear me? "

Suddenly  a gun  shot was  heard.It wasn't  Taehyung  who had  gotten  a bullet  but Jungkook. Jimin  had  appeared  behind Taehyung  and  shot  Jungkook  without  thinking. It was  at that  moment that  Namjoon  wished  they  had gotten more  back up 

Taehyung looked at Jimin  with  a murderous look.

"What  the  fuck  did you  do?"he  roared.

"Something that  you  couldn't  do"

Namjoon stood  frozen  besides Jungkook  who was  about  to fall  to the  ground. That  was  until Taehyung  went  and  took  him  in his  arms. Blood  was  coming  from  his  mouth. A bloody  hand  was  clutching  his stomach.

"I. ...trusted  ...you. ..Taehyung "

"Jungkook, please  don't say  anything  right  now. You  will  be alright. Please baby stay with me "Taehyung pleaded.

Jungkook was  losing  blood with  each  passing  moment until he  lost  unconsciousness. When  Namjoon  had  gotten a grip  on himself he  went  and punched Jimin  before  handcuffing  him but  the younger wasn't fazed. He chuckled instead.

The  ambulance  took  a bit longer  to arrive  at the scene. Taehyung  didn't  know  that  he was  capable  of  being  this  afraid  ever.Losing Jungkook would  be  the  hardest  thing  he  would have  to do.The  younger was  his  life, his  every  breath. His  living  factor.

To Taehyung 's horror Namjoon  denied him  the  right  to go with Jungkook  to the  hospital. He  cuffed him and  sent him  to the  police station  with  Jimin. Without  a doubt Jungkook was critical. The  bullet was  stuck  in his  rib cage .

Taehyung felt hopeless misrable ,guilty  and  useless  for  the  first  time  in his  life. He  couldn't do anything and was  locked up in a cell while the  love  of his  life was  fighting for  his  life. He wanted  to hate  Jimin  so bad.

Jungkook 'surgery was done but the doctors didn't know if he was  going  to make  it through  the  morning. Namjoon, Yoongi and Hoseok were pacing up and down near  the  ICU where Jungkook  was  to be kept  all  night.

"I just  feel  like  punching  that  shotty to death. How  dare he shoot  a police  officer,a detective at that. Ridiculous "

"I  just hope the  prosecution will request a sentence that  would  be good  enough  for  that  scum "Yoongi said.