I. Welcome To New York

The last two years had made a drastic change on Taylor. She knew that after making her new album, 1989, things will change. The way she lived her life will never be the same way she did two years back, and that was fine. Taylor knew that moving to New York was her best move at making herself a new life. No men, because she's made a fortress around her heart, built steel around it where no boy can break them apart anymore. 

  It was strange, Taylor thought, that one event leads to certain sequences that she never thought were possible. She was currently inside her apartment, sat beside a floor to ceiling window where she could see the city lights of the busy city. It was a wonderful view, yet there was something dark about it. The amount of pollution in the air as hundreds of cars drove past the street from her apartment was something she wasn't happy about, but that was New York. Frankly, she loved it.

  Taylor was sat on a floral design couch next to a tall lamp and a wooden coffee table, where her tea was lying next to her phone. Olivia Benson was on her lap, purring lightly as Taylor scratched the back of her white fluffy head. The purple velvet curtains were pushed to the side of the window, allowing light to come through the dark room. The wooden floor was clean of dust, and a white carpet was in the middle of the room, and other Victorian-era furnishes and antiques were scattered all over the room.

  She was supposed to be preparing for the gathering tonight, at a hotel. Taylor had a feeling that the gathering would be about her newest album, 1989, and the successful debut of it. Taylor was really proud of that album.

  Taylor felt the memories come back to her like a flood held back by a fragile boundary, and it was washing over her entire mind and heart, rendering her at the mercy of past experiences. Even with the upbeat and lively rhythm of her songs, it didn't hide the sorrowful lyrics behind the beat. Taylor smiled a bittersweet smile and placed Olivia Benson on the floor next to her couch gently where Meredith was sleeping. At that moment, Taylor's phone rang. Wiping her silent tears, Taylor picked the phone up without looking whom the caller was.

  "Hello," Taylor's voice sounded hoarse from crying and she coughed, but she knew that the person who called heard her.

  "Taylor?" It was a girl's voice. Selena, Taylor thought with relief. "Are you all right?"

  "I'm fine," Taylor didn't even try to change the sadness from her voice. With Selena, it was hard to keep anything in her life a secret. Just like Abigail and Ed, and so many more that her head spun thinking about it.

  "You're not fine, don't lie to me." Taylor sighed and remained silent. The sound of traffic could be heard from a distance like it was some kind of echo that was slowly bouncing around away. The sun's rays were now against Taylor's pale face, the clear blue sky held something in it that was white hard to describe. Like it was part of the city itself rather than the Earth's atmosphere. Taylor shook her head, she didn't understand what she thinks half the time.

  "I'm just reading some fans reviews and they're so sweet. Why did you call me?" Taylor lied to change the subject. 

  Taylor knew that she would change the subject hastily but swiftly when someone were to ask her that question, but it was nice to know that people do care about what's going on inside her head and what she's feeling. There was a pause in which Selena recalled what she wanted to tell Taylor.

  Finally, after a moment or two, Selena asked, "when are you going to be there at the hotel?" Taylor remembered about tonight's event and she mentally shrugged, not knowing the answer to Selena's question.

  "When am I supposed to be there?"

  "It really is whenever you want, but I would suggest seven or eight at night." Taylor mentally wrote what Selena said in a notebook placed on a coffee table next to her.