VI. She's Not Afraid

They were lost. For some reasons, Taylor was not surprised at all. Maybe it was because she, too, had spent some time getting lost that she was acclimated to it. Or it could be because she happens to be sitting right besides the person she misses the most. Either way, she wasn't fuming like Harry was. Neither was she cursing out loud, like Harry is doing momentarily. 

  Harry, Taylor could see, was trying very hard not to burst, even with the constant profanities coming out of his mouth wasn't enough to show how utterly furious he was with himself for getting lost. Taylor, on the other hand, was very much alright. Although being lost in a dead road full of quiet houses and acres of land and small forests was something she never wanted to happen to her, the fact that Harry was there--and she was not alone-- made up for all of it.

  Taylor had to constantly remind Harry that they had phones. It amazed Taylor that Harry never considered his phone, she wondered why. But when she saw the phone in Harry's hand, with full signal, she never got to asked why. 

  Once Harry managed to locate where they were, Taylor took out her own phone. She knew that she shouldn't do this, but the moment was too hilarious not to. Of course, she didn't want her reputation to be brought down by just one bloke. She debated whether to do this or not, but before she could come to a decision, Harry had shouted with glee. Taylor jumped back in surprise.

  "I found it! I know where it is, and it's not too far from here." Taylor had forgotten that she was with Harry for a reason.

  "Found what?" Taylor was confused. Apparently,  hanging out with Harry for too long tens to make her forget about the things happening.  She decided that she didn't know whether that was a bad or good thing.

  "Blimey, has old age manage to creep into that long term memory of yours?" Harry joked, Taylor was not amused.

  "What?"

  "Don't you remember?" Taylor, yet again, felt stupid in front of Harry.  Like all of her other thoughts, this circled around the fact that her brain doesn't function properly whenever Harry was around.

  "Animal shelter," Taylor snapped get fingers as if she had just discovered something that could potentially change all of human civilization, "right."

  Harry had his eyes on the road and constantly switching to look at the directions on his phone. This was amusing to an angle, but Taylor was getting bored.

  "Are we there, yet?" Taylor asked after half an hour of silent driving with nothing but the radio blasting pop music. Taylor constantly heard Shake It Off.

  "Almost," Harry started, "it's somewhere here." He turned right to a corner, and Taylor saw it. If she didn't know that they were going there, Taylor wouldn't have had noticed it because it blended with the other buildings surrounding them. It was a pet shelter, she knew, and the sign on the front of the building confirmed her thoughts. Harry pulled over by the buildings front parking lot, and they went inside.

  The animal shelter,  Harry decided, was not the way he thought it would be. The walls were bare and blue with nothing but paintings of different pet animals. One was a parrot, and it was made by a seven year old. Had it not been for the title above the painting, Harry would not have known that it was a parrot.

  The employees,  upon seeing them, we're wide eyes and speechless. Harry couldn't help but smirk, they hadn't made plans for this, which was the reason for such surprised expressions on their faces. Taylor was grinning, and Harry loved it. Her smile and just the way that she was there.

  "I'm sorry," Taylor started, not sounding sorry at all, "but we were wondering if we could volunteer for the day?"

  The day passed by faster than Harry thought. Still, he enjoyed it and Taylor did too. The only problem was making sure that the staff would keep quiet about this whole ordeal. And they did, because when Taylor and Harry were out to eat dinner, nothing in social media ever mentioned anything about it.