Chapter 5

"I don't know what true love is until I met Peter, I mean... He's different, he's perfect for me" I said while looking around and turn my head back to Shiela.

We are on our lockers to put some books.

Today is the 5th day of November. 1st day of school after our Halloween break.

"What do you mean he's perfect for you, Alice? You just told us that he is so weird and he is avoiding you all this time, but now you're saying that "He's perfect for me". Shiela said while putting some quotes signs in the air.

"You don't understand Shiela, All this time he is avoiding me because he is shy and he told me about that," I said while locking my locker.

"Okay...okay... I don't wanna argue with you. So..." He cuts off and look at my back.

"What?" I said curiously and turn around. "Here is your man" She said as I turn around and saw peter holding a bouquet of Flower.

Every people's staring at us and I am also shocked at his behavior today. He handed me some White Roses and hugs me.

" You're so beautiful " He whisper at my ear.

I laugh and tug his chest. When I notice his friends, I immediately turn around so that they won't saw me.

"What's wrong?" he said

"No, I just thought your friends don't like me"

"What?" he laughs " no they like you. don't think about that"

"I love you" I said and kiss him on the cheeks

" I love you more" he responds and holds my hands.

The bell rings and we decided to go to our rooms.

It's our last subject and luckily we are classmates.

I sit beside peter, and beside me are my friends Shiela, Rinah, Anna, Rose.

Our last subject is Literature. It goes smoothly and while our professor is lecturing, peter keep on holding my hands. I cant skip a smile every time he caressed my hands.

literature ends and its time to go home.

"By the way, are you coming on the prom?" Peter asks as we all go out of the room.

"I'm so sorry love, I cannot go to the prom, I have some important matters."

"About what matter love.?"

"I need to visit my mom coz I really miss her."

"Okay love, I won't come to the prom too.. I'll come with you... Coz I wanna meet her."

"What?" No, No, you should be there love, you're one of the very important people in that event. And besides, you can meet her another time soon."

"They'll think I'm a very strick girlfriend to you that I won't let you come to the event. You should be there, love." I added.

"(Sigh) okay, if you insist my love, just take care and update me okay.?"

"Okay love, thank you."

Peter and I decided to go to the cafeteria first before heading to our house

"Hey, so what's your order lovers.?" Shiela asked us as we reached the cafeteria.

My friend Shiela works here in the cafeteria.

"Two cups of cappuccino and a pair of donuts please."

"Wow! Incredible, even foods have partners... How I wish to be a donut too."

"Hahahahah," we both laughed

"Oh, look who's here.. just get your orders guyses and we'll leave immediately this area before insects bites kill us." Rose murmured as she entered the cafeteria with Rinah and Anna.

"Haha, don't be silly guys..." I said as we hug each other.

"Hey Sheila, are you coming with us?" Rose said,

"Where?"

"To the Dress store, to buy some dress for the prom. Duhhh! Hahaha"

"Okay... just wait up. I'll finish this first"

"Okay girl"

"Alice, are you coming with us too?" Rinah said,

"Actually, I'm not going to the prom."

"What? Why?"

"I'm visiting my Mom"

"Can't it wait? I'm sure your mom will understand" Anna said

"I'm not sure, I promised her anyway" I replied

"Okay, It's just too sad knowing that you can't come, but there's another time hahaha" she said while biting her muffin.

After we ate, peter decided to take me home. He said he has a lot of works to do.

"I love you, thanks for today," I said and kissed him.

"I love you more, Have a good night, Love" he replied and hug me.

His hugs were so warmed and I feel like I'm safe. Days had passed rapidly and the prom is fastly approaching...

It's Thursday evening, I am in my room making my homework. My phone rings and mom is on the phone.

"Hi, goodnight baby, I miss you. How's your day.?"

"Hello mom, it's fine. I missed you so much, can I visit you.?"

"Oh, of course, darling, mom is waiting anytime."

"I love you, mom."

"I love you so much baby, sleep tight sweetheart. Drink your milk and don't forget to pray before sleeping..." Goodnight.

"Yes mom, goodnight."

After mom ended the call, my tears suddenly fall.

I already accepted that she and dad already decided to leave each other but I just can't stop thinking, "what if they didn't break up.?" "What if we lived in the same house.?" "I'm sure that's the happiest moments of my life." I murmured to myself and try to get to sleep.