6- Rivals?

Year 2018

Lisa was at the backstage waiting for her partner. The host is currently doing the introduction.

Just as she look to her left, she saw her partner. It's a guy, he's tall and has a good look. Lisa would lie if she wasn't awestruck by his body and face features. God really put his effort in making him.

"Ahem-" The guy cleared his throat to hide his nervousness bringing Lisa back to reality.

Lisa doesn't have much friends in school, except Jisoo and maybe Taehyung. So it's reasonable if she doesn't know who her partner for this math quiz competition is.

"You're nervous." Lisa stated as a matter of fact.

"A bit, not gonna lie." The guy didn't even try to deny.

"I don't know who you are, but I'm sure you're gifted that Mrs Jung decided to choose you. You'll do great, you have me too. I'm Lisa."

"Jeon Jungkook and thanks." Jungkook breaking into a faint smile caught Lisa off guard, he's ethereal.

"Both of you, you're up!" The staff said.

Both of them looked at each other and nodded before walking up onto the stage and walk to their respective podium with a buzzer infront of them.

The math quiz is going very smooth for both of them. And of course being the geniuses of the school, it's a piece of cake for them. Both of them survived all the rounds and now come the last question of the quiz.

"Give me the Pi's value with as much decimals as possible."

Right after the host finished his sentence, Jungkook immediately press the buzzer. Lisa was shocked at the speed.

"3.141592653589793-" Jungkook was just spitting out the numbers like a rapper.

"Stop, I think that should do! And today's winner is Manweol High school."

Lisa was so happy, she didn't think at all before hugging Jungkook. Obviously the boy was caught off guard, standing like a log not knowing what to do. He was shy and embarrassed.

Lisa pull away from the hug and look confusingly at Jungkook as to why he didn't return the hug. Jungkook seems to know what she was thinking and return the hug when Lisa pull in for a hug again.

-

"Wow! I'm impressed with the both of you, especially Jungkook. How can you know the Pi's value so fast?" Mrs Jung asked, amused with Jungkook smartness.

"I just happen to memorize it." Jungkook said bluntly.

Mrs Jung just nod her head and decided not to question anymore as she sense that Jungkook doesn't want to talk much from his reply. Lisa just snickered at the awkward situation.

"Okay, so I call both of you here to tell you a good news. Please sit." Mrs Jung gestured the sit in front of her desk.

"So New Zealand has offer a full scholarship next year and I think both of you have the potential to represent the school considering the good grades and behavior both of you have. But there's a catch, the school has been only given one slot. But that shouldn't be a problem right? Given that yesterday both of you are teammates and today you'll be rivals, isn't that fun?" Mrs Jung joked.

"Yeah I'm sure it's fun." Jungkook mumbled sarcastically just enough for Lisa to hear it. Lisa let out a laugh, causing Mrs Jung to look at her.

"Sorry. If there's nothing more, we'll get going." Lisa excused.

"Yeah sure."

Once they were out, Lisa burst into fits of laughter. It's lunch time now so no one is at the hallway, only both of them.

"You're so straightforward and savage, Jungkook."

"She asked, I answered." Jungkook shrugged. Jungkook reply reminded her of one of her reply to Jisoo.

"Guess we have something in common." Lisa smile and waved him off, walking to the canteen where Jisoo is waiting for her.

A/N:

Jungkook is here!