Chapter 6

~Have a Male Me~

"You took so long to buy that drink I bet the game started already," Kise complained. Kasamatsu whacked him on his head.

"Shut up!"

Soon enough, they reached the stadium and was shocked at the scores.

"Huh?" Kise said. "What?"

"Seriously?" Kasamatsu added on.

Kagami dribbles the ball but was still not able to go past Tsugawa. Bastard! His defense is at least as good as Kise's!

"Kagami! You're holding the ball for too long!" Izuki slips by and Kagami passes the ball. However, when Izuki was about to make a lay-up, Seiho's center blocked it. What the?! Where did he come from?

"How Naive." Their center states. "Your offense will never get past our defense at this rate."

Their defense is too strong. I should have expected this from one of the top teams in Tokyo. Hyuga ran back.

"What the hell are they doing?" Kise sighed.

"Just as I thought," Kasamatsu observed.

"Eh?"

"Seirin's a slow starter. Kagami and (Y/N) are usually the ones to perform the first step, without that they can't begin their stride. But because of Seiho's tight defense, they are unable to pass to each other. "

It appears from above that Tsugawa had done something that irked Kagami. Kagami charged in, giving himself a foul.

"He gets angry far too easily!" Riko clenches her fist.

"Kagami, calm down!" Koganei yells. "But then again (Y/N) has the same problem." Koganei points to the (H/L) (H/C) haired girl by the basket. (Y/N) closed her eyes and took a deep breath before releasing the pressure she had put on her fist.

I need to calm down. You'll have the game in your control soon, (Y/N).

...

"Seiho uses old martial arts techniques," Riko informed, when she called for a time out.

"Old martial arts?"

"You mean this?" Kagami let out a weird sound and had his hands stuck out.

"No." Riko disagrees. "To put it simply, Seiho incorporates movements from old martial arts. One of the techniques is 'Namba Running'. Usually, you run with your arms and legs swinging in opposite directions but in 'Namba Running', they move their arms and legs in the same direction."

"Apparently, by removing twisting, you reduce strain on your body and the energy you spend," Kasamatsu said.

"You sure know a lot about this." Kise pointed out.

"An unusual team..." (Y/N) mumbles out after a sip of the cold water. She wiped her sweat that had formed when being guarded tightly, away with a white towel. Taking a glance over at the opposing team's bench, she made eye contact with Tsugawa. Then out of nowhere, he winked. (Y/N) blinked once, unfazed before looking away and listened to her coach. Is he actually part of the team that been interviewed by Basketball Monthly? She thought back to the magazine she brought before to see her enemies' skills.

"In addition to their running, Seiho uses other martial arts techniques for effortless strength. Examples include moving quickly without missing a beat and others." Old martial arts. That must be what I was feeling. Kagami realized as Riko explained how Seiho moves around on the court.