FORTY ONE

There's a surprise at the end of the chapter ;)

─── 。゚☆・*.☽ .* ☆゚. ───

━━━━━∙⋆⋅⋆∙━━━━━
GOODBYE
HOLLIAET ARIA

━━━━━∙⋆⋅⋆∙━━━━━

Leadworth 1996...

Seven-year-old Holliaet Aria sighed and turned to face Amelia Pond, her best friend who currently knelt on the floor, she was praying on her bed. Holliaet nervously turned towards the crack behind her on the wall of her best friend's bedroom, she always got an uneasy feeling whenever she happened to look at the large 'w' shaped crack in the gingers wall. "Come pray with me Holliaet," Amelia ordered, opening one of her eyes for a second only to close it again when her friend nodded having been pulled out of her thoughts, her curly dark blonde hair bouncing as she hopped off the bed, standing on her sleeping bag before joining Amelia on the floor.

"Dear Santa." Amelia began while Holliaet closed her eyes and put her hands together to pray. "Thank you for the dolls and pencils and the fish." Holliaet giggled at her friend, having only been told about her pet fish that sadly didn't manage to live very long earlier that day. "It's Easter now, so I hope I didn't wake you, but honest, it is an emergency. There's a crack in my wall. Aunt Sharon says it's just an ordinary crack, but I know it's not, because at night there's voices, my best friend Holliaet has heard them too so please, please, could you send someone to fix it? Or a policeman. Or a—" Amelia stopped and Holliaet opened her eyes as the wind whistled through the window. "Back in a moment," Amelia muttered before she and Holliaet stood up. They ran to the gingers window and looked outside only to sigh when nothing was there, the garden empty.

×××

A few days later...

Holliaet sighed in her empty bedroom, the other girl she had been sharing with had just moved to another foster home. She looked at the bare white walls and sighed sadly. No matter how much she moved around she always ended up back at the same place not long after leaving, it was like something was keeping her there, whatever it was, it was annoying as hell. She was never there long enough to truly set in before being moved again.

Holliaet was pulled out of her sulking thoughts as the doorbell rang ring. She ran down the stairs a moment before it opened and the little red-haired girl ran in. "Amelia!" The girl's aunt scolded while Holliaet giggled.

"Oh, it's alright." Vanessa, Holliaet's foster mother smiled. "Just don't do it again, okay?"

Amelia nodded before running over to her friend. "We're going to the museum today!" She grinned.

"That's nice," Holliaet replied trying not to sound too disappointed. "I hope you have fun."

Amelia frowned. "Aunt Sharon said you can come."

Holliaets eyes widened. "Really?"

"Mhm." Amelia nodded and whispered in her ear. "I saw a leaflet go through the door a couple of days ago and begged her to take us."

"Wow." Holliaet gasped before the girls both giggled.

"Alright, you two." Aunt Sharon cut into their conversation. "We best get going."

"Be good Holliaet!" Vanessa told the girl as Holliaet followed her best friend's aunt out of the house, Vanessa handed a small bag over to the woman.

×××

"Why did you beg Sharon to bring us here?" Holliaet whispered to her friend as they wandered through the National History Museum in London.

Amelia shrugged at her friend. "The note said we had to come here and it seemed like fun." She replied before running off. "Come on, Aunt Sharon!"