VI

Atiya pov
We made our way through a swamp. I was admiring the beautiful scenery when Bek came up beside me.
"I know you miss her. I do too, but we have to stay strong, we'll get her back." He smiled at me.
"I know." I returned it. We heard a splash and turned to see Hathor laying in the water, apparently Horus had dropped her. Bek laughed as we walked up to her.
"Be a dear and fetch me some clean water." She tossed a canteen to Bek. He shook is head.
"Would it kill you to say please?" He questioned.
"I'm really not in the mood to argue. Go get it for me I command you." Her eyes glowed golden for a second.Bek sighed.
"You're all the same aren't you?"
"What's her name?" Bek gave her a confused look. "I can make any man, woman, god or beast do my bidding unless their heart belong to another. You're in love." I kept moving not wanting the painful memories to resurface.

Le time skip

"Is that him? Them?" Bek asked as we wandered around looking for the god of wisdom.
"Of course not." Horus answered
"Then who are they?" I questioned.
"His trusted servants." Hathor replied.
I watched as one of the dark-skinned gods examines what looked to be lettuce.
"Wise Lord of the sacred word, we seek your counsel." Horus anouced. Thoth held up a hand and continued his work.

Super small time skip

"I'll do it." Bek called out.
"I thought you were a stray baboon." Thoth said.
"I told you I'd be the one to face the sphinx." Bek muttered.
"Your chance of failure is overwhelming." Thoth looked at Bek as if he was insane. More words were exchanged and I remained beside Hathor.

Le time skip

I walked beside Thoth and Bek. Bek was asking meaningless questions and I was thinking about Zaya. We stopped and waited at the top of a hill. I walked off to think of my sister. I felt a presence beside me and saw Bek and Hathor.
"Are you thinking about her?" She asked. I didn't respond and she placed her hand on my shoulder. "I was once known as mistress of the West. My duty was to help dead souls make their way to the afterlife." Bek asked her a few questions and she pulled up an image of my older sister. Hathor introduced herself and Bek talked to her for a bit.
"Atiya. You'll be ok." She whispered to me. I smiled softly.
"Thank you Zaya." And with that the cyclone disappeared. I turned to Hathor.
"Thank you." I said earnestly.

Le time skip

"Its that one. No that one." Bek forgot which one it was. I rolled my eyes again and raced forward through an opening. I quickly made my way to the wheel and turned it stopping the sand from moving.
"You guessed?" Thoth questioned.
"Well..." I started.
"I find your dependence on chance troubling. If this continues I may need to study you further." He said as he cupped my face in his hand. "Now which way to the sphinx?"